· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not getting him a 30g tank, I'm going to putting him in a tank anywhere from 55-70ish whatever I can get and afford at the time.

http://www.turtleforum.com/forum/upl...0&#entry995157

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    I like the 75g...they're wider...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It will really depend on whats availble to me when I go to get this whole thing set up. I'm trying to fuger out how i'm going to filter the water in that tank it being so low.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    do you know the formula? What's 8 inches of water in a 55 gal equal so 4ft by 16 or 18 by 8. That will be quite a task to filter I'm sure.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Edit: Actually were planning to put large rocks on the bottom of the tank (once that he can't eat) and will be smooth enough. I could easily use a small undergravel filter for that. If I even do that layout. I've seen plenty of ways to do their tanks.
    Last edited by souly; 02-11-2010 at 10:09 PM.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Undergravel filtering won't work good at all with the large amount of waste that a turtle produces. It could work while it's a hatchling but eventually it will fail. The forums you read actually suggested under gravel filter for a turtle tank?!

0 Not allowed!
    I just wanted to say a couple of things, as I have rehabilitated a couple of rescued Reevesii, and kept them for quite awhile before they were rehomed. First of all, the shallow water is a must for a hatchling, but for a strong juvenile or any adult, a 75g tank (what I kept them in) is just fine as long as there isn't too much current. As a precaution, though, in any turtle tank I have ever owned, I keep the same decor outline. That is one large (meaning takes up much of the tank and reaches the top no matter the size of the tank) piece of driftwood slanted somewhere around a 45 degree angle. This allows the turtle to simply walk up and out of the water if it needs to. I would also suggest searching turtleforum for info on an above tank basking area, as it is a wonderful thing to have with almost every aquatic turtle (and if you get a female you can incorporate a nesting area (sand box pretty much) into the basking area for her to lay her eggs. P.S. It is so nice to see someone actually doing their research and picking a suitable turtle and planning it's habitat before getting it. A couple more tips though I just thought about. Large rocks are really hard to clean and trap deterius, but if she is set on using them, you can invest in a "pond size" tube for your python to fit around them. Otherwise, sand is a great option that I can't believe I ever made my turtle go without. And if you consider a canister filter, I cannot say enough great things about the FX5. IMO its wonderful for turtles, although may be a little much for your setup as far as the shallow water part goes. I normally use internal filters for the shallow water setups (and they become a favorite hiding place most times). Sorry to ramble. I'm just new here, and my real knowledge is in turtles so this made me feel at home :)

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for th einfo, but we decided to instead go with getting some Frogs, may posion dart or Red Eye. BUT if we diecde to keep the idea for turtle again, I'll keep this is mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12