· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenn's 55G Reef

0 Not allowed!
    I ordered 2 new Koralia 2s to replace those hideous powerheads. That should definatly give me adequate flow with the Koralia 1 and the 2 skimmers plus HOB. I have also came up with a scape for the tank, which I think will be much better than anything I could have ever done with a 15G. Im going for 2 specific individual formations in the tank one larger on the left and one smaller on the right. I cant wait to scape this thing.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can't wait too see it done, all your tanks look amazing so im pretty sure this one won't be the exception!

0 Not allowed!
    Looking forward to following the journal.
    75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta sorority
    Lack of planning on your part doesn't justify an emergency on my part.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you

I finally did the order on the 30lbs of rock, scape to come when it arrives
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    My rock from LiveRockUSA arrived today...they actually sent me nearly 40lbs of rock instead of the 30lbs. I assume it is because the 1 flat piece I ordered couldnt met from the premium category they had to send a piece of live base rock instead so they tossed it in for free and sent the 30lbs of premium LR. WHich is totally fine by me.

My review of LRUSA...It is alot different than Pacific East's rock. Pacific East's rock is covered with mass tons of thick coraline when it arrives but outside of that there isnt much life outside of a couple of clams here or there. LR USA is the opposite, there isnt much coraline when it arrives but there is tons of other life. I have a bunch of clams, quite a few large dusters and a bunch of small ones. There is also alot of macro algae...there was also a starfish in the box but unfortunatly it didnt make the trip. Im sure there will be a few snails pop up, and I did notice some sponges that still looked to be alive.

For the price, you cant beat it, $4 per lb shipped...awesome customer service and everything came well packaged. Each rock was individually wrapped in soaked brown paper there was some water in the bag to keep it moist. Box was lined in 1" styro with heatpacks. With that said I would recommend if anyone orders this rock they consider ordering some super encrusted with coraline rock to to with it if your looking for the color and speedier spread of coraline.

I also got my two new Koralia 2s in today...awesome circulation. I will need to replace the pump on the newest used BakPak I bought, it keeps failing at injecting air and Ive broke it down twice this week. Ill probably go with a Rio RVT 800 like my other BakPak has as it has been trouble free since day 1. I am thinking of using the old skimmer pump to make a circulation bar behind my rockwork. I would just need a small piece of vinyl tube and a 4ft section of small rigid plastic tubing with an endcap. Id drill holes every 2" or so in the rigid tube to have it spray fresh water behind the rock to prevent dead spots. After breaking down my 15G and seeing the crud that accumulated in 4 months I feel circulation now more than ever is crucial

4x75Gs coming soon

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    wow beautiful looking tank. cant wait to see it when it is finished!

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Anabantoid!

Now for a real update, some pics:

I have 2 10,000Ks, 1 420nm Actinic and 1 460nm Actinic. The 460nm gives the tank the super blue look, which I think the corals will love. My old reef just had a 420 and a 10,000K...never quite had the reef blue cast down. I do like this blue tho...and this pic is with the 10Ks on.

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    And some of the rock:

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Yay pics!!!

Lookin' good so far.
    75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta sorority
    Lack of planning on your part doesn't justify an emergency on my part.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    looking good Jenn! That rock looks amazing and it looks like it has lots of life through out. I see some glass nems aka aiptasia poping and you want to kalk paste them before they take over your rocks. it looks like you also got some gorgonians, hopefully some survive the cycle.