· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Reptileguy, can you help me here?

0 Not allowed!
    I've been checking into the Flag cichlids but am getting conflicting readings.

Mesonauta Festivus (also called Flag cichlids/ Festivus/festivum/festae) is said to be aggressive and not good at parenting.

However, the Laetacara Curviceps is also called a Flag cichlid. It sounds to me as this one is a friendly dwarf species of that above. ?????

Do you have some information to share that will unhinge me? The more I read the more confused I get.

I'm backkkkk........I think I know my problem. It appears that several are referred to as Flag Cichilds. One site says the festivums are great parents and mild cichlids. Next site it says they are mean, domineering and not good parents. How do YOU feel about them?
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 05-01-2007 at 03:59 PM.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    I have not had festivums so I can't help you there. We have some curviceps at work that are about 1.5", they seem fine so far. They are in with pink convicts of about the same size that seem like they may be intimidating the curviceps. I will probably have to separate them, so they seem pretty laid back.
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks. Yes I read that too that the curviceps are pretty docile and a mild cichlid. It would be nice if they all weren't referred to a Flag Cichlids which confuses me, tho.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    Same thing with lots of other fish. There are dozens of peacocks, at least three or four silver dollars, two to four species of discus, two or three species of angelfish, all sorts of mix ups with common names.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by reptileguy2727
    Same thing with lots of other fish. There are dozens of peacocks, at least three or four silver dollars, two to four species of discus, two or three species of angelfish, all sorts of mix ups with common names.
    plus all the hybrids that people breed too

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    That just makes it more fun. Some people hate hybrids. I don't see the issue. Healthy fish with different and sometimes better coloration, what's the issue. 'Everything must be pure bred' sounds kind of WWII Germany if you know what I mean.