· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a fish.. hehe... welcome aboard! - Mith   merry christmas - mommy1   

Cool the journey begins

0 Not allowed!
    hi all, when i was a kid my dad had a 10 foot tank! it was spectacular!!!! i used to help him maintain it and we each had our own fish. well i decided it was time to pick it up again but it had been awhile so i started off small, 1st with a 7g then a 14g and a 55g (sorry i dont have a camera so no picks but i will get 1 shortly) and now ive finally found a big aquarium!!!!! i am now the proud owner of a 333g !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how cool is that!!! it is in need of some tender love and care as the bottom is cracked but ive decided to inlay a sheet of perspex and silicon it down and ive sorted a pump that i will build a filter for that pumps 4500 liters/hour and i already have 1 that does 1000 liters/hour and some gravel, so once i fix the leak oh the possibilities it boogles the mind! is just over 2 meters long and almost 1 meter square. while it cycles im gonna have such wonderful dreams of how to aqua scape it and what to stock it with, planted or not and any advice/cautions/suggestions would be most welcome!!!!!!!!! i will put pics of it up as soon as i get my camera but this journey will take some time ooooooh im so excited

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   Thanks! - Hailey   Sorry for the late thank-you, just found out how to give gifts - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    The journey is yours to take. I just hope you get a camera soon and take some of us with you. I would drive myself nuts thinking of what to do with a 333g tank. I don't even have room for my 20g just the 55g is running and it will have to do for now. So please take some pics I wanna go to.
    55gal Planted community
    8 Columbian Tetras
    2 Kuhli Loaches

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    For optimal filtration you'll want to turn over a tank that size at least 3000g/hr (thats 12,000 ltrs). You want small fish or big fish? Pics please.
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Ahhh ya got me! - Trillianne   Restocking your pond - Trillianne   Rep Message:  Thanks for the giggle!  Am still snickering. - Rhaethe   A little less toxic! Lol - Kayfish   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Its wide enough to very comfortably do some large fish or an awesome scape for smaller fish.

Pics as often as possible please!
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A fish for your tank! - Rue   You need more fish here!lol - Northernguy   for a fellow former sailor. - Scrup   Thank for your advice of the past  2 months - Cliff   For your celebration!lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome pick up .

333g sounds like a lot of fun. Ooohh the possibilities.

Anyway, keep us posted, and like everyone else has said. Pics! Pics! Pics!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Talking

0 Not allowed!
    ooooooooooh i could harldy sleep last nite for all the ideas in my head, ive been driving my self crazy with research into stocking, aquascaping. i will go mad before ive even fixed the thing. lol. but first the hard work. oh my lord does it need a clean and i still have to fix it, hole sheets of anything are quite expensive in nz!!!!!!!!! and the price of filters here, dont get me started, im hopeing to modify a 2 pond pumps??????????/ any one got any ideas coz i dont think i can fit a big enuf sump tank in! im hoping to have fish like discus, dwarf chillids, gouramis, rainbows, angels. i will get a camera as soon as but you wouldnt even want to see it at the moment it looks quite tragic. i cant wait till my 5 year old see's it lol.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Red face

0 Not allowed!
    ooooooooooooh my gosh, we have spent 2 days trying to get this monster out of the van and into the house, its starting to turn into a nightmare, considering that the van its in doesnt belong to me and the person who it belongs to is becoming quite ropeable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well tonight here goes attempt number 4, but we are abit more organized this time so wish us luck. it doesnt even fit thru my front door, we have to turn it on its side and that will be fun with a cracked bottom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well wish me luck coz it truly has to come out today 1 way or the other.lol. except thast actually not so funny.lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   Thanks! - Hailey   Sorry for the late thank-you, just found out how to give gifts - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck. Wish I was there to help.
    55gal Planted community
    8 Columbian Tetras
    2 Kuhli Loaches

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cool

0 Not allowed!
    well its finally in, it took 6 guys lifting and 3 moving the trolly oooooooooooh how i wish id had a video camera, talk about a comedy of errors! lol! oooooooooh its so dirty, ive never seen 1 so bad and i still have to fix the bottom, well let the hard work begin!!!!!! lean, fix the bottom and then some filtration are the orders of the day, so wish me luck and ill let you all know how its going

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Glad you got it in in one piece.
    55gal Planted community
    8 Columbian Tetras
    2 Kuhli Loaches