· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A fish for your AC Tank - Northernguy   just  cause  i can - bushwhacker   Thanks for admiring my tetra! :) - WoadCelt   

Default Arowana "Exercise" Idea

0 Not allowed!
    Hey I'm working on assembling a 125 for a new arrival, probably 5-6'' when he/she gets here. I just thought of an idea for when he gets bigger though, to avoid having to relocate him. What baout a powerhead that could cause a current down the tank, with enough power to make the aro swim against it, but not to big, so it can take a break if it wants to. I just thought this might avoid that condition where their gills turn backwards due to swimming in to small a space. I don't even now if that's possible, but the LFS owner said so aand he's never given bad advice yet. I DO have a larger tank that could be used to re-house the fish, but would like to be able to use it for another idea, but would love any opinions on this idea. I just thought of it yesterday.
    240g Silver Arowana, TSN
    75g Empty for Renovations
    55g Paired JDS, 4 Jeweled Cichs, 2 unknown adoptees
    10g Sisters Community "TANK OF DEATH!"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    I really don't think it will work.That fish needs to swim,not exercise on something like a tread mill.
    Is there a leash to hold it in place to make it swim the current?lol
    IMO Not a good plan.You need a larger tank for this fish!
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/arowana/fish.php
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A fish for your AC Tank - Northernguy   just  cause  i can - bushwhacker   Thanks for admiring my tetra! :) - WoadCelt   

0 Not allowed!
    I do have a larger tank NG, a 240g, sorry only mentioned it in passing before.
    240g Silver Arowana, TSN

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Thats a much better home!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yea this ones just the grow out tank, but I was hoping it could be his home so the 240 could be used for MORE fish. Cuz who doesn't want that right?
    240g Silver Arowana, TSN

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I definately agree!
    Have you room for more tanks?
    Its the best way to have a large selection of majestic fish like arrowana!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I do have a 30, unused but maybe a quarantine tank in the future, a 55 with a cichlid "mix" (not really sure exact species, but my Orange zebras have spawned twice and the first batch are about 1.5''. Also, the 75 from the tank setup thread, the 125 above, and the 240, currently a "water storage system"
    240g Silver Arowana, TSN

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Arowanas do not care for current and your idea would probably stress it out bigtime. They come from fairly calm waters and are very graceful swimmers. When they get bigger (16+"), they won't mind a bit of current, but a powerhead pushing the water in his swimming space is not a good idea.
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - gadget228   Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Ive seen wild arowanas in Venezuela and Guyana. It was always in calm, non turbulent blackwater rivers. No doubt, a little current will help the tank, but not one that is as powerful as described.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff Boo train boo train boo train boo train woohoo

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome! - Mith   No Message - korith   Time to help clean that mess up! - Agassizii   A lil spilt wine for your white carpet lol - Padams   Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii   

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe some sort of modified hamster wheel would work?
    Praise Ineptune! God of the Failboat!
    Moo.

http://www.amazon.com/Freshwater-Aqu...dp_ob_title_bk