· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: Gaint Betta

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

First fish for your AC tank - Northernguy   Cheers, you deserve one. Keep supporting the troops! - Oscar_freak12321   

Default Gaint Betta

0 Not allowed!
    i want one. anyone have one or a few? or can point me to more information. i have read all i have found so far.... i am searching for a black one. prefer it not to be a short tailed version.

anyone have experience?

thanks!
    TAKE RESPONIBILITY, OR TAKE A HIKE.

29g- 6 GloDanios, 2 Clown Loaches, 2 Alibno Bristlenose Plecos, 6 Albino Cories, and a Julii Cory.

5g- 1 Female Betta, 1 Mystery Snail

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC tank! - Northernguy   for ur new tank - Neon   Sorry to hear of your loss. - VoidParadigm   I like your pleco pics!! - gabbyguppy   1000 posts! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    Do you mean plaket (petco calls them 'king') Bettas? They are all bred to have short tails. You may find one with a longish tail but its not likley. Maybe just try looking for a bigger veil tail betta?? You take care of them like regular male bettas.

I have 5 male bettas and 8 female bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you needed a gift - Agassizii   Thanks for the tip! - Northernguy   I'm so sorry :( - Oscar_freak12321   Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New Years, here's your Pl*co! xD - Oscar_freak12321   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - VoidParadigm   

0 Not allowed!
    I've yet to see them in stores. Good luck.
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC tank! - Northernguy   for ur new tank - Neon   Sorry to hear of your loss. - VoidParadigm   I like your pleco pics!! - gabbyguppy   1000 posts! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    I see them ALL the time in PETCO. They are pretty fish. They remind me of a bigger version of female bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you needed a gift - Agassizii   Thanks for the tip! - Northernguy   I'm so sorry :( - Oscar_freak12321   Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New Years, here's your Pl*co! xD - Oscar_freak12321   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - VoidParadigm   

0 Not allowed!
    It depends on your area. Yes, in some places they're easier to find. I was merely wishing the OP good luck on finding one since it appears they've already not been able to.
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ya your right. I have only ever seen them at petco. I may even just be that petco that they are at. I havn't even looked for them in the other petcos I have been in.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

First fish for your AC tank - Northernguy   Cheers, you deserve one. Keep supporting the troops! - Oscar_freak12321   

0 Not allowed!
    i have been researching, and they can be found with long tails. i was searching aquabid, to see about availability, and found quite a few with "long" fins.... the one at the LFS is a short tail.... and he is a dead ringer for a large female betta (as has been stated)... there is a beautiful black one on aquabid, if i can go by the description.... if the size stated is correct, i would class it as a giant. it is titled "monster"...

the breeder who is credited with the breeds best shows long fins available, also.....

now... to convince the wife i need one...
    TAKE RESPONIBILITY, OR TAKE A HIKE.

29g- 6 GloDanios, 2 Clown Loaches, 2 Alibno Bristlenose Plecos, 6 Albino Cories, and a Julii Cory.

5g- 1 Female Betta, 1 Mystery Snail