· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Northernguy   Thanks for all of your help! - Bellie816   

Default manciniat, 10 gal

0 Not allowed!
    i bought a 10 today from CL.
    i thought i needed a quarantine tank after an infestation of the ich in my 75 after only two weeks. i would like this to be a planted tank, so im setting it up for live plants.

so far,
    flora-glo bulb, t8, 2800k, 15w
    flourite dark substrate
    aquaclear 30

hopefully i can get a couple plants soon, and then start the cycle. im going to take one of the seed filter pads from my 75 that i used to cycle it.

what should i put in the tank to keep it cycled, being its going to be a quarantine tank?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    went today and got a new heater, the one that came with the tank was glass, i bought a 50w steath heater. i need a new thermometer now, i dont think this one is reading correct.

also got some plants, dont know if what i bought are right for the lighting i have, but ill find out i guess.

2 groups of peacock fern
    2 anubias nana
    2 kyoto grass
    3 white ribbon

it looks really cool, i just sit and stare at it, and theres nothing but plants in there. i hope to post some pictures soon.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

ya needed one - korith   for being super sweet - Lynn Conroy   I told you I'd use it well ;-) - DragonWatch   Something for your tank,  and for being a good sport. - Brookfish   Happy Saint Patricks Day! - Brookfish   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lobsternoob   

0 Not allowed!
    The anubias should be fine, mine grow like crazy even with cheezy lighting. As for the others I don't really have experience with them. Looking forward to the pics.
    No matter how much I learn or know I'm still gonna be a NOOB, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    right after water was added

after adding the plants

Last edited by manciniat; 01-18-2010 at 03:09 AM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    well, now i feel like a real NOOB.

three of the four plants i got arent aquatic plants at all. i should have done alittle more research first, dumbie. so now i will research some more and order my plants from an online aquarium plants expert.

stupid chain LFS !

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

ya needed one - korith   for being super sweet - Lynn Conroy   I told you I'd use it well ;-) - DragonWatch   Something for your tank,  and for being a good sport. - Brookfish   Happy Saint Patricks Day! - Brookfish   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lobsternoob   

0 Not allowed!
    I just looked at the pics and was about to say the plant in the back left is not aquatic. Let me guess Petco? they have those stupid little tubes that most of the plants look great and then they melt away when you plant them in a tank. Sorry, I have done the same before so don't feel too bad, we aren't the only ones.
    No matter how much I learn or know I'm still gonna be a NOOB, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    I am sure its going to look great once you get it all set up.
    The best QT tanks have nothing in them .It makes it much easier to keep very clean.You just run the filter for the QT tank on your 75 and put it on the ten when you need to use it.It will instantly cycle the tank for the new or sick fish.
    Are there any other great deals on tens?

Also there is an edit button there to add to a post if you forgot something.Its real easy to use.lol
    Please try next time.
    Last edited by Northernguy; 01-18-2010 at 05:34 AM.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernguy

Also there is an edit button there to add to a post if you forgot something.Its real easy to use.lol
    Please try next time.

i dont understand what i forgot ???

anyway, i took the non-aquarium plants out today and replanted them in a glass bowl. i added some leftover gravel and a root tab and put a couple inches of water in it, we will have to see what happens with them.??

i ordered some real aquarium plants from a reputable online company, so hopefully this works better than the first batch of plants. i think i ordered to many and some that will get to big for the 10, so some may be going in the 75, which is fine. i wanted to slowly add live plants to it also.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC tank! - Northernguy   for ur new tank - Neon   Sorry to hear of your loss. - VoidParadigm   I like your pleco pics!! - gabbyguppy   1000 posts! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking tank so far!! Good luck with your plants!!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    planted some real aquarium plants tonight. i think some of them might get to big, so they may get transplanted to the 75.

1amazon sword, 1 java fern, 8 corkscrew vals, three groups of dwarf clover, 1 red tiger lotus bulb and i had 1 nana already in there.