· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    I see you quoted aqualandpetsplus. Their site is purely to push their business and is rife with misleading and downright inaccurate information. If you look through their pages, you will see example after example of fish being housed inappropriately, and in long term situations. They keep incompatible species together and are proud to display the gruesome results.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I really need to get a tank just for those lol
    60 gallon tank- 11x Neon Tetra's, 10x Diamond Tetra's, 8x Black Neon's, 6x Bronze Cory's, 2x Bamboo Shrimp, 1x Bristlenose Catfish, 1x Clown Pleco....

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wanting to sell their stuff? But alas, I have viewed some of the forum's recommended sites but for sooth, they are nothing but people's experimenting and guessing. The world is but fraught with deception and lies. He who doth not wish to be fooled must abide by a wise teaching to gather information, study it and find those who against it. Wow, such great wisdom that pours from my mouth! I should follow it.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Clown loaches are schooling fish. This means they really are only happy in groups of 4 or more. While it is physically possible to keep them in smaller groups or even singly, they will never be happy. And fish deserve to be happy, especially a social fish like a clown loach. They will be very silly, tumbling around with each other, when they are happy. You will never see your loach doing this when alone.
    Clown loaches get substantially large. I have seen clowns for sale who are 8 inches. Whether they do or do not get larger than this, 8 inches is still far too big for a 29 gallon, especially since 29s are usually tall, and loaches are bottom/middle dwellers. If you want to keep your single loach, I suggest getting at least a 55 gallon. For a group of 4+, a 75 is OK, 90+ is ideal. If this is not reasonable for you, whether for monetary or spacial reasons, please re-home your loach. If this were a dog or cat, wouldn't you want the same happiness for him or her? Granted dogs and cats can be kept alone, but either way, fish are just as sentient as these animals.
    The people here are very nice, knowledgeable and want to help you. They have the best interest of the fish in mind. I don't think you should join a forum, ask for advice, and be then snarky and disregard the advice given.
    Last edited by rothenb1; 02-15-2010 at 08:55 AM.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A person could also survive in a closet, they wouldn't be happy but they can survive. I personally wouldn't even consider a Clown loach unless I had a 100+ gal tank. IMO a Clown loach in a 29gal tank is like a Goldfish in a bowl, I am not trying to make you feel bad or anything thats just my opinion.
    55gal Planted community
    12 Neon Tetras
    5 Kuhli Loaches
    3 Otocinclus
    2 Siamese Algae Eaters

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by teddscau
    Wanting to sell their stuff? But alas, I have viewed some of the forum's recommended sites but for sooth, they are nothing but people's experimenting and guessing . The world is but fraught with deception and lies. He who doth not wish to be fooled must abide by a wise teaching to gather information, study it and find those who against it. Wow, such great wisdom that pours from my mouth! I should follow it.
    Peoples experimenting and guessing?? This is a good site, opposite to whatever sources YOU are learning from. I agree with rothenb1

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have two 6 inch clown loaches in a 36"x15"x12" tank, 22 imperial gallons and they're fine and still look to be growing but one's slightly larger and bullies the other so it's always scratched. Wouldn't get rid of them for the world and can't have a bigger tank. I've had them a few years and they were only 2 inch when I bought them. They're chunky now and deep in the body too. Stunning fish.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He died a month or two ago.
    . .`.. ><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
    ><((((>`..`..`... ><((((>.
    `.. , . .`.. ><((((>`..`..`...><((((>