· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Update....
    I've tweaked the light settings of the Radeon using the software. Pretty nifty. I now have it set the way I like, the colours of the fish really pop and the corals are growing slowly, which is all I want from them, as I find fragging and removing rocks a bit of a chore.

Stocking these days is two clowns I picked up from a fellow reefer - and she's a right bitch. Attacks me whenever I put my hands in the tank, and even the little male will chase off other fish.

I've lost pretty much every fish I've stocked since the clowns, tho I can't believe the clowns are killing them. Only one jumper of the lot. Something in there is killing fish and I have no idea what. The firefish jumped, but other losses have included a lawnmower blenny, a two spot blenny, a hi-fin goby, and a two spot goby. No idea what happened to them, but I doubt any of them are still in there hiding out - tho I do have a lot of live rock in the tank and its not unusual to not see fish for a week or two. Also got some peppermint shrimp, and have only seen one since stocking them.

So right now I believe I have one emerald crab, 2 cleaner shrimp, one peppermint shrimp, astrea and nerite snails, two clownfish, and one coral beauty (only very recently added, and quite lovely I might add). I'm hoping the coral beauty is large and aggressive enough to hold its own against the clown, and whatever fish-disappearing agency is in the tank. Corals are limited to GSP, two colours of common zoas, a small piece of colt that was thrown in with the clowns when they were bagged, some blue shroom are making a comeback, an orange ric which is not doing well, and a green torch.

Hair algae is becoming less with every weekly maintenance session, but cyano is still appearing undiminished, tho not expanding either.
    I'm anticipating moving in the next few months, and am pondering the ultimate fate of my three tanks. I may keep them all as is, get rid of one, or get rid of two, or get rid of them all...and start fresh in the new place. Lots to think about.

Any ideas on what may be killing my fish would be appreciated. Its very frustrating to add some really cool little fish, only to have them disappear without a trace...I really liked the gobys and blenny while they lasted.

0 Not allowed!
    do you ever hear clicking?

I had this along with loss of CUC and small fish. Never found the bleeder but I believe I had a mantis. I oven baked and bleeched the rock lol
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    nah, haven't heard clicking in a long time.
    I spotted a second peppermint shrimp since my last post, and the cyano is less this week after moving a rock that was impeding flow.

Awards Showcase

Default Tank is done...

0 Not allowed!
    due to a move coming up, possibly two, in my near future, and also due to the spiky red algae that's become a problem since the crash, I've decided to take my reef tank down.
    Aside from 2 halloween hermit crabs waiting to go back to the store, the tank is now empty of everything except a heater and a single powerhead and 5" of water to keep the crabs alive til I can bring them in tomorrow. The rock is outside right now in the sun, hopefully killing off that red algae.

I don't think it would have taken two moves in 6 months well at all, so I opted to just take it down. I will restart it once I get settled in my new location.

So far, I am going to move my other two freshwater tanks, FW seems far easier to move as they are a bit hardier and parameters easier to control if they get out of hand. I might change my mind on that yet, tho, as far as the 72 gal goes. The ten will move for sure.

A moderator could close this thread, I will start a new thread when the time comes.

thanks to everyone who posted to this thread, your help was invaluable.

0 Not allowed!
    I have closed your thread, as requested

Looking forward to reading about the new set-up when the time comes
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]