· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I've always like the look of your tank

Nicely done
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

This is the closest I could find to a vampire, LMAO - Cliff Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    sorry about your angelfish - smaug Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R 
    I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Cliff.

Opinions differ...some think I have a LOT of rock in there, and I guess I do, but I am a big believer in over filtration...gives you some wiggle room when the power goes out or you want to head out for vacation...

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to that

I like having as much rock in my tank as I can fit there as well
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice reef!
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

http://www.rowelab.com/AquaControlle...9&scope=last24

Awards Showcase

This is the closest I could find to a vampire, LMAO - Cliff Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    sorry about your angelfish - smaug Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R 
    I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Kaybee. I wish my sun corals were as happy as yours tho. Mine still only open for feeding time...

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Update - suffered a tank crash a couple weeks ago. Heater stuck on, by the time I noticed the tank was up to 90 degrees. Lost all my fish. Lost almost all my corals. All my inverts aside from an emerald crab I thought I had lost weeks ago (if not months) and some miniscule snails dead. Bristle worms and pods dead.

I don't know how a crab two inches across managed to stay unseen for so long, but I hope its still around now after all the rescue efforts and backlash the tank has gone thru.
    Two colonies of zoas and my green stars are all that's left of my coral.

I almost took it down, but the thought that some critters might still be alive in there made me carry thru with rescue and restoration efforts (which is when the emerald came out of hiding). I'm back now to being able to restock the tank, tho I have hair algae (which I've never had before) growing in different spots. I attribute the survivors to Prime, and the fairly quick recovery (chemistry wise) to chemi pure elite and sea gel. That stuff took only 3 days to reduce tank glass absolutely coated in green daily to even less (glass) algae (my normal routine was mag-cleaning every other day) than before the crash.

I stocked some snails and two halloween crabs to start. I'm not going to do a variety of stuff like I had before - having a tank crash takes the stuffing out of you. Those poor critters slowly cooking to death...sigh. I haven't been online much, between restoration efforts and having to lose some Christmas weight, and normal day to day stuff.

Anyhoots, I miss my clowns, so I will get a couple clowns again, and likely a goby or a wrasse to flit around the rocks/substrate. I'm not going to get anymore corals, I'm going to let the gps cover all the rock and tank glass ends so its wavy green from end to end. See what that looks like. It will also simplify maintenance.

Once the tank is worth looking at again (I'm sure it will be awhile before I can look at it with anything but regret) I will post a fts.
    Last edited by sheamurai; 03-13-2013 at 01:47 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about the set-up, but it sounds like you are back on your feet already

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    so sorry about the tank crash. All that work and all those corals and fish lost. very sad. Glad you didn't give up. Eager to see the remake.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Awards Showcase

Default Radeon XR30W G2

0 Not allowed!
    From almost taking the tank down, back to full stock and now new lights.

My mh bulb was due for replacing and the T8s alongside it weren't far behind. So I began shopping for bulbs, and ended up buying a Radeon XR30W G2 fixture. One unit was just the size for my 30" tank. Yah I know a bit of a change up from buying new bulbs to shelling out for a new LED fixture. I've had it for almost a week now and I really like it. The stock programming is plenty enough for me, and I especially liked the acclimisation option which is obviously useful for someone changing light method. I am still not used to the hue of the tank, but I do like it and the programming modes and the fact that my tank doesn't jump two degrees once the MH kicks on. I really love the gradual dusk dawn effect, no more chop changes of lights when the timer kicks on or off.

I'm still not going to get too crazy about stocking the tank, but I already have more than I planned on after the crash. I have purchased a torch and another orange ric, and someone gave me a frag of colt when I bought his clownfish pair. The blue shrooms made a comeback (sigh, the one thing I had actually hoped had died) the GSP are rolling and two types of zoas are starting to spread again. I have a lawnmower blenny, a hi-fin blenny, the clown pair, and a cleaner shrimp along with 2 halloween crabs and perhaps the emerald crab.

I can look at my tank and smile again.

Radeon.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear things are coming along

I like the look of the new radeon LED

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast