· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Gotcha... glad to hear they haven't done anything to your coral yet... funny how things differ from tank to tank and fish to fish since I've read a couple times of clowns destroying frogspawn and hammerhead regularly but mine don't even look at it to host in haha and your bubble does fine lol

Anyways congrats on the tank!! It looks fantastic
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I hear ya. I'm still withholding final judgement, they are not full sized yet nor breeding - I think both of those things may influence how rough clowns are on their coral.

One thing for sure - if you like coraline don't get an urchin...he sure goes thru a lot! I like him tho, and he's almost always visible. I'd like to get a breeding pair of banggai and see if the fry hang out around it, lol.

and thanks!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai
    pardon the reflection in the bottom corner...it covers my orange ric, which has almost doubled in size from the little cap I bought...
    Your tank looks fantastic! What exactly is that orange thing growing in the front?
    120g SW mixed reef (see profile for equipment info) RBTAs, Shrooms, Zoas (new!) and fish..... and two fat cats
    "The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake." -Sebastian the crab

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Its a sun coral, and its not open in the picture. They seem to be less forgiving of being moved and relocated than the other coral are. Very unhappy fellow.

0 Not allowed!
    Cat Fish lady, just a note about those Sun Corals, they are not for beginners. They are a non-photosynthetic coral and must be fed. They generally require a good bit of work to keep them healthy.

Tank looks great shea
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

Default Just an Update...

0 Not allowed!
    Thought I'd post a wee update, seems due and I just installed my new used MP40 ES. I like that the tank has less hardware in it now - one powerhead in place of 4 - but not convinced that one powerhead can be placed to eliminate all dead spots.

A couple new frags in there...I picked up a green slimer (thats what he called it), a bit of scroll with some orange zoas...due to pick up a red monti frag on Tuesday.
    Also, a new fish. I picked up a purple firefish, to replace the dwarf angel that died a while back. Stocking now consists of a pair of clowns, a neon goby, a banggai cardinalfish, and the firefish.

Curiously, I lost my two cleaner shrimp within a week of each other, but my blood red is fine. Actually, he's happier without the competition around. I'm guessing they just died of old age, from what I can gather they only live around 4 yrs at best anyway.

Running carbon, chemi-pure elite, and a sponge in the HOB. Calcium is the only thing that I can't get 100% stable yet - dosing by hand is imprecise, so I have a variance from week to week of 20-40, which I don't think is really that big a deal, more of an annoyance.

Ok, thats it for tank summary, here's the fts...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Some snaps...

Note that the bubble and sun coral are still not happy with me for mucking about with the flow...

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    a few more...

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    last one...

0 Not allowed!
    tanks looking good. Corals are looking healthy bud!
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast