· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To commemorate my new betta. - -Lp   Congratulations on your awards - Celtic Fins   thanks for the help in chosing an RC heli! - candice&jeff   thanks for helping me choose the perfect RC heli! - candice&jeff   ahahaha, into the well - Lab_Rat   

Default Lp's 20g long fry tank

0 Not allowed!
    Okay guys and gals, I've acquired the 20g long tank I bought from CL. This was the $35 setup I talked about in this thread.

I got more than was listed in the sellers decription, including stand, tank, filter (AC200), lid, light, air pump, heater, powerhead 300, thermometer, magna-float, power strip, and extension cord. I was less than impressed with the condition of the tank; heavily scratched, and hardened/deteriorating silicone, made it iffy at best. So I called my lfs, and luckily they had one 20g long left in stock for $38. So I'm down $73, but still a great deal...and I got a brand new tank! :)

I've set up and cycled the tank, and stocked it with six pearl danios to keep the cycle rolling. I decided on black substrate, and I added a row of jungle val across the middle. I plan on taking the holding cichlid out of the 55g and putting her in this one until she spits, then placing her back in the 55. I should have no problems with the fry or re-introducing her back into 'society'

This is where you can track my progress.

(pics are forthcoming)
    150 gallon - red shoulder severum, gold severum, vampire pleco, gold nugget pleco, bush fish, clown loaches, botia loaches, mbuna cichlids, and a few others

55 gallon - mixed african cichlids, and one anguilla rostrata

20 gallon long - planted, 21 pseudotropheus demasoni fry

10 gallon - heavily planted, 1 male betta, 3 harlequin rasboras, 2 zebra danios, & 2 rummy nose tetras

5 gallon - planted, 1 male betta, 3 harlequin rasboras, 3 panda corys, and 6 cherry shrimp

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    38 bucks new is incredible!
    I can't find one for under 130 bucks!
    Looking forward to the pics!

If you ever make a sump that 20 should be perfect for it!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To commemorate my new betta. - -Lp   Congratulations on your awards - Celtic Fins   thanks for the help in chosing an RC heli! - candice&jeff   thanks for helping me choose the perfect RC heli! - candice&jeff   ahahaha, into the well - Lab_Rat   

0 Not allowed!
    Here's everything I got with it:

The tank and stand:

New tank freshly filled:

Looks small next to the 55g:
    150 gallon - red shoulder severum, gold severum, vampire pleco, gold nugget pleco, bush fish, clown loaches, botia loaches, mbuna cichlids, and a few others

10 gallon - heavily planted, 1 male betta, 3 harlequin rasboras, 2 zebra danios, & 2 rummy nose tetras

5 gallon - planted, 1 male betta, 3 harlequin rasboras, 3 panda corys, and 6 cherry shrimp

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Here's the finished product. I didn't want too much in the tank, but at the same time I needed something there. I like the way the black substrate contrasts with the plants, imo it gives it a nice clean look.

I am waiting until this weekend to put the holding cichlid in, she should be ready soon after that.

Thanks NG, I agree the price was right, and the old tank would make a sump now wouldn't it?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! A fish for your AC Tank - Northernguy   U can not just have an oscar in your AC tank.  U need variety. - octoxpuss   from a fellow front lover - sailor   another front for your colony. best of luck and keep us updated. - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    that looks amazing I'm sure the fry will be happy in the tank. Cant wait too see them when there here !

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Dane, I'll make sure to keep this updated frequently.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great. Nice job with it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Rich. Will you come take pics of my fry? You're only about three hours away.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I put her in tonight, and not a minute too soon. The first two..

still holding a few..

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    i was gona say that tank looks bigger then 20 until you posted the picture of the 55 gallon
    60 gallon tank- 11x Neon Tetra's, 10x Diamond Tetra's, 8x Black Neon's, 6x Bronze Cory's, 2x Bamboo Shrimp, 1x Bristlenose Catfish, 1x Clown Pleco....