· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

Default Jenn's 55G FOWLR

0 Not allowed!
    As it has cleared up, and I have officially moved the rock in...I figured I would go ahead and start the journal. The tank probably wont become a reef as I wont have time to properly dedicate to it and I will be moving in about 2 years anyway, couldnt safetly order corals before spring so by the time it got to looking pretty I would have to tear it down again anyway. lol Plus FOWLR will give me the option to keep some of the random smaller fish I have been eyeballing without as much restriction.

I still have the lighting situation to work on, the fixture I had planned for it sparked and had a small flame come from it today when I plugged it in and turned it on. I got slightly electricuted while turning it off. Promptly dumped it into the trash and dug out a single tube T8 just to get some actinic on the rock until the new fixture comes. I ordered a 4ft 2*28watt Coralife Aqualight T5(10K and Actinic) http://reefwarehouse.com/coralife-aq...tt-p-1609.html

I also won a 2nd CPR HOB skimmer on ebay, its just the CPR 2...need to pick up a bio-bale and pre-skimmer and it will match my current CPR Reef Ready. Right now the tank just has the 30lbs of LR from the 15G, I also dug out 40ish lbs of sugar sized aragonite I had in storage for the tank. Didnt think it would be enough but sure enough after mixing in some of the LS from the 15G it looks like enough. I also had 2 Nass. snails, and 5 hermits to survive the power outage

So here is what my final tech specs will look like on the setup:

60lbs LR
    ~10lbs base rock to fill in any gaps here or there
    2*off brand "AC" powerheads 340GPH each
    1*Koralia 1
    1*CPR 2R+ BakPak Skimmer
    1*CPR BakPak 2 Skimmer
    2*AC50s-chemical filtration
    56watts standard T5 lighting(10K and Actinic)

Fish list:
    1 Maroon Clown
    1 Bicolor Dwarf Angel
    2-3 smaller fish that can take care of themselves

And here is a shitty cell phone pic of the tank,

Any fish suggestions...are very welcomed I am at a loss after picking those 2.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    I knew there was an awesome tank pic in here somewhere!
    That sounds like a well thought out plan Jenn!Why start something twice!
    Are you getting a place with proper tank space too!lol
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - abaigael04   Here's another from me - Lady Hobbs   to go with the Angels - Algenco   congrats on your first award!! - Brookfish   For your tank,when its ready! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    looking good Jenn, it sucks it wont be a reef but you can keep some nice no reef safe fish. I suggest you look for a wrasse of some kind most of them are awesome and have great personalities.

here's some nice ones

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    Ive decided the next reef I setup I want it to be a permanant thing, Ive lost both of my past ones to power outages so Im not going to repeat that a 3rd time.

I have also kind of opted to keep some of the less invasive Macros in the tank, kind of a SW planted if you will, so it should add some visual interest to the tank. Thanks for the link, Ill check it out

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - abaigael04   Here's another from me - Lady Hobbs   to go with the Angels - Algenco   congrats on your first award!! - Brookfish   For your tank,when its ready! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    yeah, now that I think about it you should wait till you are in a place more stable and that's a cool idea some Macro algae look amazing.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    lol, funny thing is we own a generator. Either we arnt home to use it, or dont prepare for anarctica and buy fuel for it. The parentals are installing solar panels this spring so I guess it wouldnt die of an outage again but I just dont want to deal with moving it

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Next round is on me! :-D - MCHRKiller   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   Friends don't let friends drink alone, Cheers - Cliff   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   I think this will help after the tree - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a good plan Jenn! I know nothing of SW so may I suggest a hammerhead shark for stocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I am sorry for jumping to conclusions! - Gayle   Just because!!! - Mith   Happy Birthday - Celtic Fins   Happy Birthday! - KingFisher   Happy birthday - Jaster   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds great, MC! Can't wait to see it when it's fully stocked!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats!Here is your first AC gift! - Northernguy   Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   cheering me up - bluebluecow   Your neon needs a friend so here you go : - Celtic Fins   A very kind gift!  Here's a yellow tang to say thanks - rageybug   
    Autism - bluebluecow   Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - bluebluecow   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah a new s/w thread to follow, sounds great. In practical fish keeping they have just done a s/w with Macro algie so a planted s/w looked great

damm site is down for maintence will have a look later and see if I can find the link

liz
    [url=http://www.fishyeggs.com/levelup.php?id=131][img]http://www.fishyeggs.com/get/131.gif[/community of guppies and b/n plecs [/COLOR]

Tank 2, 60L 2ft tank, Pair of blonde red guppies (guppy mating breeding project)

Tank 3 Nano Reef in recovery 23ishg 1 Cardinal 1 twotoned blenny

AUTISM "If you think I have my hands full, You should see my heart "

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys! SW of any sort is by default more exciting than FW IMO. I cant wait for it to be stocked either, probably buy the extra rock in a few days

Awesome BBC! Cant wait for that link