· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

there ya go, first gift and more neons - The Red Severum   one more for you! :) - The Red Severum   More neons! - jaysee   Merry Christmas! (In July)    =) - PurplePeopleEater   Cheers! - Northernguy   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - bigbad-ratman   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - bigbad-ratman   

Default No luck with black moors :(

0 Not allowed!
    So I come home this a.m. from overnight duty, and find my black moor E-2, was looking in terible shape. His tail was bent around in a u-shape, he couldn't swim upright, and couldn't come for food. Tank parameters were all 0's, and his tank mates all look happy and healthy. In fact they were thrilled to see me home from work. So, after watching E-2 stuggle for a few minutes I decided it would be best to euthanize him. Bothered me more than when I had to do it in the past, as he was a beautiful moor. So now, after that, I have now lost both of the black moors I have tried to keep with the rest of my fancies. Now that i am typing this out, I am getting all sad again.
    If I say something stupid, please give me moment. I will pro'lly top myself.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC tank! - Northernguy   Thanks for the help! And yes I have a gf lol - robflanker   Thanks! - Brookfish   Thank you for your service to our Nation! - Jill   you won! - Amazon   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm bummed for your loss Ratman. I love my fancies and would hate to lose one of them.
    All forms of humor have been removed from my signature for your safety.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you needed a gift - Agassizii   Thanks for the tip! - Northernguy   I'm so sorry :( - Oscar_freak12321   Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New Years, here's your Pl*co! xD - Oscar_freak12321   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - VoidParadigm   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear that you lost another one. =(

Did you get them from the same store? If so, try to go to a different one, to get a higher chance at getting them from a better breeder. Some fancy goldfish are so mishapen inside and been overbred so much that their lives are cut down by many years. I had a fancy who died at just two years, and another at only six months. Both deaths seemed natural.
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

there ya go, first gift and more neons - The Red Severum   one more for you! :) - The Red Severum   More neons! - jaysee   Merry Christmas! (In July)    =) - PurplePeopleEater   Cheers! - Northernguy   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - bigbad-ratman   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - bigbad-ratman   

0 Not allowed!
    Unfortunately I have to get most of my fish from big boxes, (and I am sure that a couple of them use the same supplier). Although I am now thinking it would be better to just go ahead and drive further (at leat 30 mins further) to get better quality fish.
    I already said it, but he was a beauty and I am really bummed that he is gone.
    If I say something stupid, please give me moment. I will pro'lly top myself.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you needed a gift - Agassizii   Thanks for the tip! - Northernguy   I'm so sorry :( - Oscar_freak12321   Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New Years, here's your Pl*co! xD - Oscar_freak12321   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - VoidParadigm   

0 Not allowed!
    It really is a shame that breeding fish selectively usually only means the two most beautiful fish are bred together, not that the two with the best lineage get bred together. =( Creates nice money for the breeders, but carppy stock for us.

Again, my condolences about losing another Blackmoor. They really are beautiful.
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.