· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 38G "Big Leaf" Planted Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Finally, a huge step from my 10G. "Big Leaf" = Big Leap = Huge Step from 10G. LOL.

Tank Specs & Stats:
    Tank: 38G [36"x12"x19"]
    Filter: AquaClear 20 + Rena Filstar XP2 [Arriving Jan. 5th '10]
    Heater: Aqueon 100W, AquaClear 50W
    Lighting: Coralife Double Light SW (swapping lights) Arriving Jan. 5th '10]
    Substrate: 1/3 Eco Complete, 2/3 Fluorite Black
    Decor: Manzanita Driftwood and Lava Rocks

Fauna:
    3 Peacock Gudgeons
    4 Pencilfish
    3 Guppies

5 Nerites (Zebra and Clithon spp.)
    2 Cherry Shrimp

Flora:
    Vallisnerias
    Anubias
    Hygros
    Flame Moss
    Taiwain Moss
    Tiger Lotus
    Java Fern

Welcome, 38G!

I NEED RECOMMENDATIONS ON STOCKING. I'd like it to be stocked around 4-5 Peacock Gudgeons and 7-8 Habrosus Corydoras and a group of 10-12 of a school species. Thanks!

Pictures:
    10G:

to 38G:

Peacock Gudgeons:

Last edited by Chrisinator; 01-01-2010 at 07:38 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice tank, it will look especially nice when those background plants fill in. Since you seem to have all very small fish why not continue it with a large shoal of Chili Rasboras, when kept in good condition they are truely stunning little fish...would definatly add a splash of color. I wouldnt be afraid to bump their shoal on up to around 16 members personally. Good filtration and live plants, plus low bioload fish to start with....you should be fine with that.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

Awards Showcase

For your AC Tank! - Northernguy Merry Christmas - Northernguy Happy Birthday!!! - Jill For your love of the pleco. - R2 Ranch I agree with many things you say on many topics, so hee is a gift  that - james20 
    Sorry about your rat. - cer for giving a sick rat a great life - frank_zappa so sorry about JR. - gabbyguppy This one is best! - Agassizii thanks for the motm nomination! - Lab_Rat 
    To another Scotty fan,thx for chatting. - smaug Congrats on your awards. - Brookfish Sorry about Blaze - Rue thank you very much. - smaug 1 year at AC! - Northernguy 
    Thanks for all the help lately i really appreciate it. - octoxpuss cause  your  good - bushwhacker For the Camden Aquarium tour! - Rue Happy Easter! - Northernguy 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - annageckos Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - annageckos Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - annageckos 

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice. Love the Peacock Gudgeons, very nice looking fish. Never see them around here. If you can find the black morpho tetras are very nice. It is the fish in my avitar.
    55 planted Community
    30 planted

Awards Showcase

For your generosity! - Sir Tristen Thanks! - Wild Turkey Because your cool :) LOL - lovleeko Thought you could use some good algae. Is there such a thing. LOL - lovleeko stocking Rams - Algenco 
    reducing my stock - Algenco don't want to be overstocked - Algenco More algae for your BN's - toddnbecka Something for your tank,  and for being a good sport. - Brookfish Congratulations on your awards - Celtic Fins 
    Happy Easter! - Northernguy thanks for the help and the encouragement - mommy1 have a happy easter banana - mommy1 thanks for the rep, sorry it's late! - lucyinthesky You need another! lol - Northernguy 
    Congrats on your award! - Brookfish for all the encouragment - mommy1 Glad the surgery went well!!! - Gayle No Message - mommy1 Glad you came through the op ok mate! - Brookfish 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - bushwhacker 

0 Not allowed!
    great lookin tank i like the ten also. you going to use it for a QT? you've got a lot of space now so load it up, i've never had the gudgeons but they are some sweet fish can you add more?
    The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
    RIP Roscoe. We will meet again Bug.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bushwhacker
    great lookin tank i like the ten also. you going to use it for a QT? you've got a lot of space now so load it up, i've never had the gudgeons but they are some sweet fish can you add more?
    Yep. I'm gonna be adding about 2-3 more so I can start breeding them.

Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller
    Very nice tank, it will look especially nice when those background plants fill in. Since you seem to have all very small fish why not continue it with a large shoal of Chili Rasboras, when kept in good condition they are truely stunning little fish...would definatly add a splash of color. I wouldnt be afraid to bump their shoal on up to around 16 members personally. Good filtration and live plants, plus low bioload fish to start with....you should be fine with that.
    Thank you! Yep, I've been thinking about keeping Chili Rasboras but I'm not exactly sure if I'm gonna get bigger species of fish. If I get bigger species (around 3-4",) would they get eaten by the other fish? Probably will do either Threadfin/Forktail Rainborwfish or some of the Chili Rasboras.

Quote Originally Posted by annageckos
    Very nice. Love the Peacock Gudgeons, very nice looking fish. Never see them around here. If you can find the black morpho tetras are very nice. It is the fish in my avitar.
    Yep. I love Peacock Gudgeons. Plus the Black Morpho Tetras.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think I got my stocking all set:

6 Marbled Hatchetfish
    16 Chili Rasboras
    5 Peacock Gudgeons
    7 Habrosus Cories

and a few extras.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's looking great and is one of my favorite tank sizes

0 Not allowed!
    Great looking tank, can't wait to see it once the plants fill in. I really like your stocking list too!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thank you guys so much! do you guys have any ideas on other fish that I could put?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisinator
    thank you guys so much! do you guys have any ideas on other fish that I could put?
    Your tank looks great! I think a nice sized school of cardinal or rummy nose tetras would look nice in your aquarium!