· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC tank! Sorry there was no JD's!lol - Northernguy    - korith   

Default The lilypad has officially taken over

0 Not allowed!
    This is my 30g breeder tank with a lily that I planted from a bulb about 2 months ago. I had no idea it would grow this fast! (Sorry about the low quality. I sold my good camera)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Sweeeeeeeeeet. I'm going to try one of these bulbs soon. If I have 1/4 of that growth I will be very happy.
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    That is very cool. Nice tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Looks great!
    Nice tank!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks all! @ Crispy, I'm sure you won't have much trouble. I'm only at around 1-1.5 w/g so they don't need much light. I have added a bit of Flourish Excel and Comprehensive Supplement, but not that often. It started off real small, but once the "pad" shoots started taking off, they were growing about 4 inches a day.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    ^^^^^ good to know. :)
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Glad you're doing your research! - Rue   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   

0 Not allowed!
    I thought they looked pretty cool but was concerned they would cut down on the light reaching teh other plants on the bottom. Have you noticed any decrease in groth of the other plants? Or worse yet them starting to gt browned out and die? Otherwise I think they look awesome.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    They definitely do cut down on lighting. It has most definitely stunted the growth of others. No deaths yet, but I trim when necessary. On the upside, one could always keep trimming the shoots that turn into pads before they ever reach up. I had a substantial amount of growth on the bottom before the shoots started coming up, and I have trimmed quite a few lily pads off without any adverse effects. If you wanted to you could probably just keep one or two pads. Once they start growing it's about 3-5 inches a day, especially after water changes. Be wary of your lighting and where the pads are though. I learned that they will seek out spots directly beneath the light, and left unattended will get burned. I would suggest getting one to anyone, because the bases look so dang cool!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your guppys for the people project! - Fraoch   You needed a gift! - Agassizii   Congrats on your award. - Brookfish   For the hot weather - fraggle   Have another - Agassizii   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ranubis89   

0 Not allowed!
    What can they stay in temp and ph wise. I have a flowerhorn tank its 75 gallons any special care they need?
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds." -Albert Einstein

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    They are a very easy plant.If you want them to stay compact with the base full and leafy then trim all the floaters off.The longer it is left growing with floaters the base will start to extend toward the surface until it too is almost emmersed.They will also live longer if the floaters are removed.I use root tabs at the base of mine,they really dont need more then that.