· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Love the acros. Let me know how that one develops. When I do SPS I wanna do a green or blue acropora
    كل نفس ذائقة الموت ثم الينا ترجعون

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you. We love the millie too. I've been after a millie with long polyps for a few years. Its gonna look amazing when it grows into a colony.

Acros are by far my favorite type of coral, we had a lot of differant types last year, but lost most in the unexplained rtn incident last fall. Now were building them back up again. We're up to 9 differant acros now.

Right now we are debating on setting up a 10 gallon softie tank. Softies dont grow great in the 75 because the waters so clean. Softies are getting popular now locally so we want to start growing some to sell along with our sps. We have everthing but a light so it should be cheap. Im thinking a 10 gallon, 10lbs rock from the 75's sump, no skimmer, no fish (maybe a few pepermint shrimp), and a small cuc. Lighting Ill probably go with a good 2 bulb ho T5 fixture. I would go LED but we havent had great luck with softies growing under LED and I want to keep it cheap. Let me know what you think. If we do set this tank up Ill start another build journal.

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you. We love the millie too. I've been after a millie with long polyps for a few years. Its gonna look amazing when it grows into a colony.

Acros are by far my favorite type of coral, we had a lot of differant types last year, but lost most in the unexplained rtn incident last fall. Now were building them back up again. We're up to 9 differant acros now.

Right now we are debating on setting up a 10 gallon softie tank. Softies dont grow great in the 75 because the waters so clean. Softies are getting popular now locally so we want to start growing some to sell along with our sps. We have everthing but a light so it should be cheap. Im thinking a 10 gallon, 10lbs rock from the 75's sump, no skimmer, no fish (maybe a few pepermint shrimp), and a small cuc. Lighting Ill probably go with a good 2 bulb ho T5 fixture. I would go LED but we havent had great luck with softies growing under LED and I want to keep it cheap. Let me know what you think. If we do set this tank up Ill start another build journal.

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'd actually be interested in seeing how that goes myself, since my mushrooms don't seem to be growing in my tank. And my conditions are also basically near SPS levels. I'm thinking I may move it to my new tank whenever I get it set up.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know NOTHING about saltwater {Except to fish in it} But those are sure nice looking and colorful!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine
    I know NOTHING about saltwater {Except to fish in it} But those are sure nice looking and colorful!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Ashurbarnipal
    I'd actually be interested in seeing how that goes myself, since my mushrooms don't seem to be growing in my tank. And my conditions are also basically near SPS levels. I'm thinking I may move it to my new tank whenever I get it set up.
    I think a majority of our problem with the softies is the SPS conditions, our water is very clean, so I'm hoping the "dirtier" water in a 10 gallon skimmerless tank will yield better softie growth. Now I'm thinking of getting a 4 bulb fixture so I can play around with bulbs and dial in the color better

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    labnjab the millie looks awesome can't wait to see that one grow out!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyhead019
    labnjab the millie looks awesome can't wait to see that one grow out!

I can't wait for it to grow either, it will look awesome in a colony. All the new frags still look good so I'm gonna try to move them out of the frag tank and into the display this weekend if I can find places for them.

One of our baby maximas died yesterday. I knew it was a risk buying them and took a chance. It was doing great and even grew a little, but then it started staying closed a lot and not staying in one spot and I came home yesterday to the CUC finishing it off. The other baby one is still do great at least. Next time I won't buy them so small

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How small are the maximas?

0 Not allowed!
    Their both around 2 inches. I usually dont buy clams under 4 inches due to the high mortality rate of small clams, but these were ora ultra grade A and at a great deal, so we took a chance

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast