· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC tank! - Northernguy   Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish   I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy   congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat   This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill
    Call me crazy, Lolita, but when I want to get a Mod's attention about something, I send him or her a private message. It works every time.
    It doesn't work every time Jill. Sometimes it takes a protest or a silly prank to get someone's attention--in real life and in situations like this. Things get overlooked, or a problem gets ignored because it doesn't seem so bad. But when someone is shown how bad a situation can get they act. You can't all ways go running to mommy and daddy, so to speak, and expect for things to be fixed.

Edit: I'm going to leave this here even though you deleted your post...
    Last edited by Lolita; 11-24-2009 at 08:48 PM.
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

6.6 Fluval Chi: planted. stock: 1 male halfmoon betta
    Journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC tank! - Northernguy   Thanks for the help! And yes I have a gf lol - robflanker   Thanks! - Brookfish   Thank you for your service to our Nation! - Jill   you won! - Amazon   

0 Not allowed!
    If I may ask a stupid question:

Why does anyone care about their post count? It's not like anything life altering comes of it. To be honest with you, I had to look at my last post to even find out what my post count was.

It's the quality of the post that garners respect, not the sheer quantity. Some of the people I respect the most only post occasionally.
    All forms of humor have been removed from my signature for your safety.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your signature is what I want to say to everyone on here. - aquariumlover10   Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    First of Jill. This is not about you or any single individual.

Quote Originally Posted by robflanker
    If chatterbox doesn't count then nor should anything in the photo forum nor in announcements or thoughts & suggestions
    I am considering making them same change for those as well but no decision has been made yet.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To commemorate my new betta. - -Lp   Congratulations on your awards - Celtic Fins   thanks for the help in chosing an RC heli! - candice&jeff   thanks for helping me choose the perfect RC heli! - candice&jeff   ahahaha, into the well - Lab_Rat   

0 Not allowed!
    So it's moved from the Chatterbox to the Announcements, interesting. No worries here about post count, just look below my name!

BTW - has an Announcement thread ever been locked before?
    150 gallon - red shoulder severum, gold severum, vampire pleco, gold nugget pleco, bush fish, clown loaches, botia loaches, mbuna cichlids, and a few others

55 gallon - mixed african cichlids, and one anguilla rostrata

20 gallon long - planted, 21 pseudotropheus demasoni fry

10 gallon - heavily planted, 1 male betta, 3 harlequin rasboras, 2 zebra danios, & 2 rummy nose tetras

5 gallon - planted, 1 male betta, 3 harlequin rasboras, 3 panda corys, and 6 cherry shrimp

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a fish for your tank because you've been so patient with cycling - mommy1   Chill out with a beer after the longest fishless cycle ever!  You deserve it! - Fraoch   Congrats on the cycle!  Another little fish for a little tank! - Sir Tristen   Angel for your g/f, good luck keeping the 55! lol - Jaster   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lp
    BTW - has an Announcement thread ever been locked before?
    Uh at least 3 - if you look in the annoucement forum...
    30g - Planted - need to do some serious rethinking
    20g - planning
    MS-II

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolita
    It doesn't work every time Jill. Sometimes it takes a protest or a silly prank to get someone's attention--in real life and in situations like this. Things get overlooked, or a problem gets ignored because it doesn't seem so bad. But when someone is shown how bad a situation can get they act. You can't all ways go running to mommy and daddy, so to speak, and expect for things to be fixed.

Edit: I'm going to leave this here even though you deleted your post...
    I deleted my post when I decided it wasn't worth pursuing this discussion. However, since you insist, I will say it seems to me when people do something stupid that disrupts the normal course of the day for other people, maybe they should have some kind of repercussion or punishment. It's not up to you to decide if something is important to the mod team. You report or PM what is of issue to you, and if they feel it's really an issue, they WILL do something. It's up to them, not individual members or a group who's got their noses out of joint to stage a rally or whatever "that" was the other night.
    Last edited by Deleted User; 11-24-2009 at 08:56 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

fellow Kentuckian - Algenco   congrats, great pic of the puppies! - Brookfish   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   Congratulations on APOTM - Celtic Fins   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - gabbyguppy   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gabbyguppy   

0 Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=Cristoff It's the quality of the post that garners respect, not the sheer quantity. [/QUOTE]

Agree....well said.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC tank! - Northernguy   Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish   I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy   congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat   This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill
    I deleted my post when I decided it wasn't worth pursuing this discussion. However, it seems to me when people do something stupid that disrupts the normal course of the day for other people, maybe they should have some kind of reprocussion or punishment. It's not up to you to decide if something is important to the mod team. You report or PM what is of issue to you, and if they feel it's really an issue, they WILL do something. It's up to them, not individual members or a group who's got their noses out of joint to stage a rally or whatever "that" was the other night.
    If that were true Jill, a lot of people wouldn't have basic civil rights. Women wouldn't be able to vote, etc etc. It's just not how the real world works.
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

6.6 Fluval Chi: planted. stock: 1 male halfmoon betta
    Journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To commemorate my new betta. - -Lp   Congratulations on your awards - Celtic Fins   thanks for the help in chosing an RC heli! - candice&jeff   thanks for helping me choose the perfect RC heli! - candice&jeff   ahahaha, into the well - Lab_Rat   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by robflanker
    Uh at least 3 - if you look in the annoucement forum...
    Thanks Rob. Just my facetiousness coming out again. :)
    150 gallon - red shoulder severum, gold severum, vampire pleco, gold nugget pleco, bush fish, clown loaches, botia loaches, mbuna cichlids, and a few others

55 gallon - mixed african cichlids, and one anguilla rostrata

20 gallon long - planted, 21 pseudotropheus demasoni fry

10 gallon - heavily planted, 1 male betta, 3 harlequin rasboras, 2 zebra danios, & 2 rummy nose tetras

5 gallon - planted, 1 male betta, 3 harlequin rasboras, 3 panda corys, and 6 cherry shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    Lolita, this is an internet forum and my perspective is that we are GUESTS here. We're not citizens in a democratic nation known as the AC. If you want to discuss this with me any further, PM or email.