Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
  ...

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53
  1. #11

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    PM and from someone I wouldn't doubt.

    If those threads weren't making fun of me, that's great. What were they about if not what I said?

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    A little further from sanity
    Posts
    9,384

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass   Merry Christmas! - rebecca_finny   Thanks for the rep! - AmazonJoe   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill
    I kinda heard some rumors that the "blow up" of stupid threads was to mock the types of threads I've posted on the chit chat forum since I joined. I'd love it if it turned out not to be the case, but I do think that explosion of ridiculous thread the other night was to make fun of me. It's on pretty good authority, too (wish it weren't -- it hurt my feelings which is probably about the dumbest thing I've let happen recently).
    oh please can we stop the drama now. some of us had some silly fun. if you wanna take it personal thats not our problem.
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    2,911

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    a fish for your tank because you've been so patient with cycling - mommy1   Chill out with a beer after the longest fishless cycle ever!  You deserve it! - Fraoch   Congrats on the cycle!  Another little fish for a little tank! - Sir Tristen   Angel for your g/f, good luck keeping the 55! lol - Jaster   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I can't speak for threads I didn't make, so I won't venture a guess as to what they were about. I would suggest contacting the OP of each thread you are concerned about.

    In addition, to further dispell any illusions you might have that this is all about you - i can think of a recent string of hangman threads and a thread about a rainbow bridge that might also be considered in this decision.

    As I said, I don't believe this is all about you and I would suggest evaluating everything that has been posted before busting out the soap box

    *edit - fixed a moronic spelling mistake lol*
    Last edited by robflanker; 11-24-2009 at 08:37 PM.
    30g - Planted - need to do some serious rethinking
    20g - planning
    MS-II

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    A little further from sanity
    Posts
    9,384

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass   Merry Christmas! - rebecca_finny   Thanks for the rep! - AmazonJoe   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by robflanker
    I can't speak for threads I didn't make, so I won't venture a guess as to what they were about. I would suggest containing the OP of each thread you are concerned about.

    In addition, to further dispell any illusions you might have that this is all about you - i can think of a recent string of hangman threads and a thread about a rainbow bridge that might also be considered in this decision.

    As I said, I don't believe this is all about you and I would suggest evaluating everything that has been posted before busting out the soap box
    well said rob!
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Annapolis Maryland
    Posts
    11,452

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    You need a gift - Lady Hobbs   Have a beer on me - sailor   Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75   happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes   Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    How about everyone gives it a rest for the forums sake? This is an announcement thread for crying out loud.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Deep, deep South
    Posts
    6,864

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Next round is on me! :-D - MCHRKiller   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   Friends don't let friends drink alone, Cheers - Cliff   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   I think this will help after the tree - mommy1   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by robflanker
    I can't speak for threads I didn't make, so I won't venture a guess as to what they were about. I would suggest containing the OP of each thread you are concerned about.

    In addition, to further dispell any illusions you might have that this is all about you - i can think of a recent string of hangman threads and a thread about a rainbow bridge that might also be considered in this decision.

    As I said, I don't believe this is all about you and I would suggest evaluating everything that has been posted before busting out the soap box

    Well said!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

  7. #17

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy1
    oh please can we stop the drama now. some of us had some silly fun. if you wanna take it personal thats not our problem.
    No, but a person's behavior is either their own problem or their own reason to feel proud.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    243

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    For your AC Tank! Thanks - Northernguy   you're a distinguished toad - gabbyguppy   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I suppose its a good idea since people posting information and advice to help others should be rewarded. However, I dont know about anyone else but I would say to the people that are worried about others increasing their post counts "unfairly":

    Is there nothing else in the world that you should be more worried about??
    Get off the internet and go outside and enjoy some sunshine and fresh air instead of living life in a virtual world. Maybe go rectify some true inequalities in life for people in your area (abused or sick kids come to mind) and do something beneficial for society as a whole rather than worrying about yours or someone else's post count on a public internet forum? Lets get a bit of perspective on what is important. Just my opinion. Lets move on..

    Oh oh... oops... did I just increase my post count?... oh the audacity!!!
    31 Gallon Hagen Waterhome with 2 x 20W T8 6700K Life Glo tubes, Fluval 205 canister filter, Aquaclear 200W and Marineland Stealth 150W heaters, Hydor Hydrokable 50W substrate heating cable with Hydrostat thermostat, Hydor Ario 2 Blue aeration night light. Compressed CO2. Very Heavily Planted.

    58 Gallon Hagen Light-Glo/Waterhome with 2x40W T8, 2x Fluval 404/405 canisters filters, Ebo-Jager 250W Heater, Marineland Stealth Pro 300W heater. Compressed CO2. Moderately planted.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    western new york
    Posts
    3,780

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Holiday Ham comes ones a year... to bring you a pig size share of holiday cheer! - Trillianne   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I see this whole situation as the fact that it's ok for one person to do something, but when a lot of people start doing it, a problem is created. If removing the post count from the chatterbox cuts down on threads that appear to be created for no real reason but for the sake of posting, then I am all for it. Thanks William for this change.

    To Jill: I really don't think this is all about you. I have noticed a large increase in the number of senseless threads in the chatterbox lately from several people.

    I like the chatterbox section. It allows members to post things that are important to them, whether it is to share their joy or sorrow, or just to share something interesting or funny. The fact that people will no longer get an increase in their post count will not effect these things, but I can see how it may discourage those who feel compelled to post senseless threads.

    Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

    "Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1


  10. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Plymouth, Massachusetts
    Posts
    945

    Awards Showcase

    Latest gifts & ribbons:

    For your AC tank! - Northernguy   Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish   I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy   congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat   This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy   

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Jill,

    Like Rob, as someone who wasn't posting the threads or was even around when it first happened, I can't speak for them... but I'll say this: I don't think it was about a person. I doubt it was done maliciously. I was under the impression that the posts were a way of getting the mods attention because of a surge of nonsense posts by many members around the forum as a whole.
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

    6.6 Fluval Chi: planted. stock: 1 male halfmoon betta
    Journal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •