· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish   

Default Catching koi in the wild??

0 Not allowed!
    Whats the best way to catch wild koi with out hurting them? I heard a rumor today of a small pond that someone dumped koi in and they took over. I think the pond is roughly 20-24 feet squared and is only about 6 feet deep. Someone told me if i went there at night with a bright light they will come to the surface.
    If there is koi in the pond it would be neat for them to some how end up in the fish pond in my garden :p
    60 gallon tank- 11x Neon Tetra's, 10x Diamond Tetra's, 8x Black Neon's, 6x Bronze Cory's, 2x Bamboo Shrimp, 1x Bristlenose Catfish, 1x Clown Pleco....

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here's a shrimp to help your tank lol welcome to the AC. - lobsternoob   

0 Not allowed!
    How large is your pond? Koi can grow to be little cows of the years, and should have at least 1,000 gallons, and 500 per additional Koi.
    2500 gallon (9,450 L) Koi Pond

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    Be sure the pond is not on private property. that would be trespassing and theft. if it is and the owner does not care maybe you can get premission to catch them.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Watch an old guy be sitting in the bushes with a shot gun loaded with rock salt! lol
    Never take without asking!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    If that was my pond you would be fish food

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The land is wooded area that is sold to a developer. I contacted the city. The pond will actualy be burried over. I checked all that as well because koi seem to be quite expensive around here. The lfs had 2 that were little over the foot mark with a 600-700 dallar price range stuck to them.

My pond is roughly 4 feet deep 6 feet wide and 10 feet long( Well its my parents but same thing) Theres 1 koi 1 buterfly koi and 3 cold fish in it now. I was thinking if i could catch some small koi i could replace the gold fish and sell a few to the lfs store to help found my 60 gallon. Plus i know a few others who would be intrested in some koi for there ponds.

I am more intrested to see if they are even there before taking any. I didnt think they would be able to survive on there own or handle our cold wether. Plus its only a rumor and im kinda excited about it.
    60 gallon tank- 11x Neon Tetra's, 10x Diamond Tetra's, 8x Black Neon's, 6x Bronze Cory's, 2x Bamboo Shrimp, 1x Bristlenose Catfish, 1x Clown Pleco....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

RAK - DemonShark   CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs   for new bed - Lady Hobbs   for new wife - Lady Hobbs   to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco   

0 Not allowed!
    cast net, seine, or hook
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tetra
    The land is wooded area that is sold to a developer. I contacted the city. The pond will actualy be burried over.
    I hope you are able to get the fish out. It sounds like they don't have a bright (or long) future if not. However, here, if the property has been sold to a developer, then that person or corporation is the owner and where the permission must come from. Not the city.

Good luck. I hope you get them!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I drove by today, Seen some people cutting down trees and got the number to the developer. Just no answer.

Jill i know... I contacted to the city to see who owned the land. The city couldnt give me the name of the developer for some unknown reason. If he says no then thats all i go do. Its worth checking it out.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes it is. Good luck tracking down the developer and catching those fish! I hope you are able to pull it off.