· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCS oddballs?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome - Algenco   PIZZAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sarkazmo   For buying an API test kit - gabbyguppy   No Message - Mith   Happy Birthday - Northernguy   

Default RCS oddballs?

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone else have some oddball shrimps from their RCS? Here's one of mine.

Sark

1G Planted Betta tank, 1.5G Planted Betta tank, 10G Planted Swordtail Fry tank,
    10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G
    My aquarium (and more) videos on YouTube

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    I have several oddball ones. A few of them look completely brown, with a light brown stripe on the back. I been slowly removing them as I can.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    I got some of them in at work. I thought it was an oddball that came in with the amano shrimp. I like them, genetic variety is vital.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

just felt like celebrating today. - gabbyguppy   thanks for the plants - mommy1   Congrats on the new cube tank! - Pleco380   GRRR back at you - mommy1   Thanks for all the plants! - Lab_Rat   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jacko   

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice, I don't have any real oddballs in my shrimp, oddest one would be the solid crimson colored female.
    If you ever find a few with desirable coloration that isn't red... you could line breed them and start a new color form of N. denticulata sinensis, like they did with the RCS and the yellows...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome - Algenco   PIZZAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sarkazmo   For buying an API test kit - gabbyguppy   No Message - Mith   Happy Birthday - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    I got her in my last batch from eBay. She's not the only one though, there's a male that's cloudy white like a Snowball or a Ghost that's about to kick it. He's very healthy though. Looks like I need a few more tanks for shrimps :) Good thing that the love of my life enjoys the shrimp and fish as much as I do. In fact she's behind me right now taking pics of her rearranged tank. :)

Sark

10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

RAK - DemonShark   CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs   for new bed - Lady Hobbs   for new wife - Lady Hobbs   to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco   

0 Not allowed!
    the brown is the wild form, best to remove it from the gene pool
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    As you can see in the pic, she's berried, and actually pretty good size. Probably the largest RCS I've got. If I mover her to one of my other tanks she's likely to get eaten though, especially the Betta tanks. She MIGHT be ok in the community tank as it's VERY densely planted but the young won't have a chance I don't think.... sigh...

Sark

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    maybe this link could help you identfy the shrimp you have? Theres seems to be a lot of different species of shrimp on there
    60 gallon tank- 11x Neon Tetra's, 10x Diamond Tetra's, 8x Black Neon's, 6x Bronze Cory's, 2x Bamboo Shrimp, 1x Bristlenose Catfish, 1x Clown Pleco....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

RAK - DemonShark   CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs   for new bed - Lady Hobbs   for new wife - Lady Hobbs   to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkazmo
    As you can see in the pic, she's berried, and actually pretty good size. Probably the largest RCS I've got. If I mover her to one of my other tanks she's likely to get eaten though, especially the Betta tanks. She MIGHT be ok in the community tank as it's VERY densely planted but the young won't have a chance I don't think.... sigh...

Sark

you don't want her offspring, you'll end up with a tank full of dull brown shrimp.
    you will have more berried females, nice red ones
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I've got tons of berried females. In fact right now there's a ton of babies swimming around so they're doing well with the breeding thing.

Well the oddball's been pulled from the tank. I nearly uproated everything and lost her twice, from the net, at the water's surface. She's in the community tank now. I hope she survives.

Sark