· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

Default I have a betta problem

0 Not allowed!
    I have had a betta for a little over a year and a half.
    His colors are great but his swimming habits are concerning.
    He lays around the bottom but comes up to eat with a normal appetite.
    I beleive he is on his way out.It could be old age,not sure though.
    Water changes and tank maintenence have been done regularly.

How long does it take a betta to grow large enough to sell in killer cups?
    From fry to full grown?
    Any ideas?
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    From what I have read the ones in the cups are a year old or so. They live 2-3 years generally. I imagine yours is just getting old as you suspect.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy   Active! - Wild Turkey   Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish   Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy   Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    Agreed......
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks!
    Its my sons tank that I get to take care of.
    He is going to be upset when Fireball passes.

Rich what was that in the red X's?
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernguy

Rich what was that in the red X's?
    You lost me?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For the tank. - ranubis89   great pics of Moose! - Jill   Sorry about Moose - annageckos   Thanks for the nomination! - Lab_Rat   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like he's getting old, but that doesn't mean he's ready to die of old age. People slow down and get lazy waaaay before they tend to pass away. I've heard of bettas living 5-7 years. Unfortunately killer-cup bettas probably have horribly weak genetics and have a shorter life span, but you might get quite a bit more time out of him.
    10g Community planted [java fern, anubias nana, crypts, vals]; male HMP betta [Carcharias], lophiobagrus catfish, blood-fin tetras, ember tetras
    Journal

3g Planted [java fern, crypt]; male delta tail red dragon [Asmodeus]

30g Planned African community with kribs, African Butterfly Fish and dither

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome - Algenco   PIZZAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sarkazmo   For buying an API test kit - gabbyguppy   No Message - Mith   Happy Birthday - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Sancho was acting this way as well. I did a 50% water change and treated for a week with Melafix and Pimafix. He's now more aggressive and energetic than ever! Don't give up, they're hardy fish.

Sark

1G Planted Betta tank, 1.5G Planted Betta tank, 10G Planted Swordtail Fry tank,
    10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G
    My aquarium (and more) videos on YouTube

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Urgh... I didn't realize they were that old when you buy them. our first one, we've had 6mos, is HUGE and he came from Walmart where I bet they "sit" longer than PetCo/PetSmart where the others come from... They're such neat fish. I hope your guy perks up soon, but also appreciate the information learned here about how old to suspect my betta boys are.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   Here is yours! lol - Northernguy   Its appreciated! - Northernguy   I hope it's still cold. Cheers - Strider199   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    so let me get this straight if you buy a betta from a cup in wal mart they only have like 2yrs before they could be on there way out? because i have had mine for like a yr and 3 months and they are starting to be lazy and slow. might i add they were not doing good when i first got them my girl rescued them.
    Currently
    55gal
    23 Mbuna

Decommissioned
    10 gallon FOWLR Cycling
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=82475

110 gallon planted
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=50266

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Actually, the way I read it, if they are already 1yo in the cup (and my guess is older at Walmart than at petshops), and their total lifespan is 2-3 years, then that would mean after you buy them, they might live 1-2 years.