· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Sad morning, female clown dead

0 Not allowed!
    We woke up this morning to find our female clown dead. The only thing I found wrong with her body is it has a really, really thick slime coat. Yesterday and even last night she looked fine and was eating. Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are all 0, and ph was 8. All coral and the other 2 fish are doing great. Is there something that could cause instant death? We found here on the bottom next to our open brain, but I doubt that stung her cause she's always in our nem. We've had her over a year so this is a sad loss.

One question, how long before the male becomes female? We'd like to get a replacement as soon as possible, but if the male is going to turn into female quickly then we need to get another male Thank you for any help

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm very sorry...the clowns, like goldfish, are very 'puppy-like' fish...you really get attached to them...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    In cases like that youll just probably never know what happens, which sucks. But there are honestly a vast number of reasons that fish could have suddenly died, most likely if it was a young fish it probably just had an internal abnormality that just eventually killed it. I would go on ahead and buy a male clownfish in a few days yours being established in the tank will most likely go ahead and change to a female or will take the role when the new male is added.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, It is a very sad loss. She was 3 years old. We bought it a year ago from a friend that hand raised her and had her for 2 years. I'm wondering if she just had a heart attack. She looked and acted normal last night. We'll buy a male at some point this week. Then we have to try and remove our hawkfish temporarily before we add the new fish so he doesn't try and kill it

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Very, very sorry Lab. So easy to get very attached to a fish and they always seem to be the ones we loose....or maybe it's because we feel it more!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    sorry to hear about the death of your female, it is hard to lose a pet that been with you for that long. Hopefully your male clown wont feel too lonely while you get him a new mate.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you hobbs. This is our second big loss in a month or so. Our first being our Oranda. I had a love/ hate relation ship with that clown. I loved her and she hated me, lol. She attacked me every time I was in the tank

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltonic
    sorry to hear about the death of your female, it is hard to lose a pet that been with you for that long. Hopefully your male clown wont feel too lonely while you get him a new mate.
    Thanks milt. I hope he doesn't get lonely either. He's been hiding under his nem all day

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Poor little guys scared to death to leave his nem. I fed the tank this morning and he wouldn't go near the food til it was just above him and then he darted for cover under the nem. I think the female was his body gaurd and kept everyone else from bullying him. I saw the coral banded shrimp try and go after him last night, but he swatted it and hid in the nem, then the CBS left him alone. So far it seems to be just the cbs thats causing problems and the hawkfish is leaving him alone

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    poor little guy! good luck with the new clown!