· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Feeding Young Tiger CatFish

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Guys, listen i just bought a young tiger shovelnose catfish, its about 8cm/3inch. But what i want to ask now is that i giving him a grouper fish fillet, and he eat it but only 1 pieces a day! is it a problem? what other food i can give it to him at his age?i tried the flake but he doesnt eat it. Help me guys i don want the fish to starve.
    Last edited by aristotles; 04-14-2007 at 06:30 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    What is the scientific name?
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    ive seen those guys before. a scientific name will help

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    This is what we're looking at building an outdoor pool for, it's Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    I would feed it NLS at that size. Once he is too big to be satisfied by that, a variety of prepared foods (raw, fresh or preferably frozen) from the seafood section will probably be best.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Just FYI, but gut analysis on wild TSCs shows they eat freshwater crabs and shrimp, fruits and nuts. Same for SA RTCs, actually.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I would probably feed him like sinking wafers and carnivore pellets. If you want, you can buy silver sides and cut it into small chunks. Try that. I feed my bichir this and I cut it into 3 pieces and he is 7" long if that tells you how little to cut it. And this fish gets really big, what size tank you have him in and what filtration?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cool My TSN is 6'' long

0 Not allowed!
    Hey man,
    I m having one Tiger shovel nose.,.
    i feed him Prawns, Chicken Heart and Crabs. But he is lazy eater. when piece of food fall close to her mouth , he sense wid his moustache and suddenly eat d piece f his food like attacing on food.,.
    i havent feed him a feeder fish.,.,.when i bought, he was 3 n now he s 6'' within 2 months.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuli_Loach
    And this fish gets really big, what size tank you have him in and what filtration?
    Kuli is right. You are looking at a fish that can get upwards of at least 3 feet long. You will ultimately need a huge tank, I'd say 220 at a bare minimum, preferably more like at least 300 gallons or so.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Atleast a 300g is what I say. I was tempted by one at my LFS also but I passed knowing that it got big, even though he told me it only got like a foot long, he told me the same about the redtail and I know that is BS.