· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For the tank. - ranubis89   great pics of Moose! - Jill   Sorry about Moose - annageckos   Thanks for the nomination! - Lab_Rat   

Default Moose's New Home

0 Not allowed!
    The tank is finally here! I'll have to run to the store tomorrow to pick up some more gravel and some decor, depending on the cost. I really want to look around for some driftwood I could use, or some rocks. I'll probably get him another plant or two as well. I'm so happy with the tank, though. On the site I ordered it from it was used, but "like new." When i saw the box I was worried because it looked pretty banged up, but it really is like new. I honestly don't think that it was ever used. Brand new everything, and the tank doesn't have a scratch. I'll post pics as soon as I get it set up.
    10g Community planted [java fern, anubias nana, crypts, vals]; male HMP betta [Carcharias], lophiobagrus catfish, blood-fin tetras, ember tetras
    Journal

3g Planted [java fern, crypt]; male delta tail red dragon [Asmodeus]

30g Planned African community with kribs, African Butterfly Fish and dither

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds great!
    Can you also post the size of the tank?
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC tank! - Northernguy   Thanks for the advice! - robflanker   congrats on your fry - Ark6ie   because you're patiently waiting for your medal - Lab_Rat   here ya go! :) - Agassizii   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Twe3k   

0 Not allowed!
    and post some pictures:)
    初心者
    Spokane Aquarist
    20Gal: new start
    64Gal new start

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a nice pickup. I look forward to pictures.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For the tank. - ranubis89   great pics of Moose! - Jill   Sorry about Moose - annageckos   Thanks for the nomination! - Lab_Rat   

0 Not allowed!
    It's just a little 3g Eclipse. I really want to put him in there tonight, but like I said, I need to get substrate, as the amount I have wont cut it, and some driftwood and/or rocks. Hopefully that will tomorrow, if not Friday. As soon as it's set up I'll definitely put up pictures. I doubt anyone would be excited about an empty 3g tank.
    10g Community planted [java fern, anubias nana, crypts, vals]; male HMP betta [Carcharias], lophiobagrus catfish, blood-fin tetras, ember tetras
    Journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well, good news and worse news. The good news is that I finally got Moose released into his new palace, and it looks great. As far as aesthetics, I couldn't be happier, although I do want to get some java moss, some tall background plants and possibly a bit of ground cover plants. I wish the roots I got him were real, but I couldn't find any affordable ones that were small enough for my tank, and I think it looks satisfactory, especially once I get some moss to cover it. Already Moose is strutting around like he owns the place, which naturally he does.

Worse news... the filter wont go. It's a brand new tank (although I bought it off someone "used" so it was really cheap) and I set it up exactly how it told me to, but the filter just isn't doing a thing. No noise, nothing. I'm going to contact the seller of the product, and the company to see if they have any advice on how to fix it. If any of you have any clue, let me know.

Now the best part... pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Journal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Winner of my drunken thread, sorry :) - Marty   You needed a gift! - Agassizii   Thanks! - Northernguy   MAFIA 2.0 Thanks for playing! - The Red Severum   A new guppy:) - HorrorShowRot   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - iZinedane   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - iZinedane   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iZinedane   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - iZinedane   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new tank! i really like it!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Cheers - Cliff   Merry Christmas! - Plecos   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice! Hope you get the filter up and running.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 3 Fancies, 2 Comets
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Nice babies - Lady Hobbs   you need a school of these!lol - Northernguy   We sound like Bevis and Butt head! - Lady Hobbs   for checking out my profile - geminidragn   Hope it helps! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Well if it is a 3 gallon eclipse i had a prob with the filter as well when i had one all i did was take everthing out of the filter and they i would run it in the sink with it filled with water and eventully all the debrie that got stuck inside would come out. They are famous for getting they little debrie stuck inside where they thing is. So if that helps

my two favorites in my life.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I can't imagine what would be stuck in it, considering it's new. I've taken out the intake tube, and the impeller, and put it all back together several times now. Anything else I can try to take apart beyond that?

Quote Originally Posted by octoxpuss
    Well if it is a 3 gallon eclipse i had a prob with the filter as well when i had one all i did was take everthing out of the filter and they i would run it in the sink with it filled with water and eventully all the debrie that got stuck inside would come out. They are famous for getting they little debrie stuck inside where they thing is. So if that helps
    Journal