· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default new dipnetting pictures :-)

0 Not allowed!
    hey guys...went dipnetting again (is this getting annoying for you?) and have some more pictures to post.

the day was beautiful for dipnetting...unfortunately I got stung by what i'm assuming is a walking catfish. I had two in the net when it happened, though I didn't see it when it stung me. it went between my nail and the skin and it began bleeding and throbing and was extremely painful (perhaps i have very low pain treshhold? ) for over two hours...as a result of which I wasn't very concetrated and did not get great pictures nor pictures of everything we caught...sorry!

here are the pictures I do have (split up over several posts):

a new species for me, i was told these are Black Acaras (C. bimaculatum) - is this ID correct? these guys were very abundant in this spot...

right in the spot where all the acara were caught, i kept getting fry in my net, which I assume were Acara fry:

we also caught many brilliantly colored salvini. even the small ones had this very dark, strong red spot:

both species caught together in the same spot repeatedly. if you look closely on the far right you can see another fry:

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    here is one of the three catfish caught...is this the Walking Catfish? if not, what is it? this is also another new species for me!

as usual caught many Mayan cichlids (C. urophthalmus):

surprisingly only caught ONE T. mariae (spotted tilapia):

also caught only one bluefin killifish (L. goodei):

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    managed to catch a single Bluespotted Sunfish (E. gloriosus):

another new species for me - i have no clue what these fish are. everyone calls them "gobies" - but what kind? I can't seem to find any info on them...help me out? caught two of them at the same time in very shallow water - breeding pair or something?

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    as always caught several sunfish...i keep getting confused with these, they look very similar to me...

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    and the inverterbrates:

as usual took several ramshorns snails home:

other snails (MTS and trapdoors?):

i tend to only catch one crayfish at a time? here's the one i caugh yesterday:

also caught me some ghost shrimp but didnt manage to get pictures of them.

this is the bigger of two clams I caught - this is the first time i ever catch live clams :)

that's it for my pictures. i took home the snails, clam, crayfish, ghost shrimp, a pair of acaras and the two gobies.
    the other fish were released after photographing.

comments welcome and as always, help with IDs needed and highly appreciated :D

0 Not allowed!
    That's really cool! Do you take them home for your tanks?
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

0 Not allowed!
    very nice pics and great finds
    [url=http://www.fishyeggs.com/levelup.php?id=131][img]http://www.fishyeggs.com/get/131.gif[/community of guppies and b/n plecs [/COLOR]

Tank 2, 60L 2ft tank, Pair of blonde red guppies (guppy mating breeding project)

Tank 3 Nano Reef in recovery 23ishg 1 Cardinal 1 twotoned blenny

AUTISM "If you think I have my hands full, You should see my heart "

Awards Showcase

your first fish - Lady Hobbs A gift to my mates. - mac Did you say tankards?  LOL - sandy_n To your first almost cycled tank - Lady Hobbs No Message - korith 
    For your funny posts. Every thread I giggle - Gemini For making me laugh!!! - Sharon Cheers Mith - slimey Congrats on your cycled almost tank - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs 
    stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs 
    stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs stocking - Lady Hobbs fill out the colony - Algenco WC kitumba - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    DUDE! You post as MANY of those photos as you feel like because I LOVE looking at everyone! Gorgeous fish! You are SO lucky to live where you have such abundance and variety of fish!

I notice you have copyrited those pictures..... do you sell them or....?

Very nice pics... keep'm coming!
    Yup, I got fish!

0 Not allowed!
    Sweet! Id have one hell of a CA cichlid tank living there thats for sure.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome catch.. That does look like a black acara, except the coloration on the fins are different to the ones we have here
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff