· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bearded dragons

1. Default Bearded dragons

0 Not allowed!
    I would love to post pics of mine and my bro's dragons but the camera is lost! So I will describe them! I have had mine for a while, mines a female and my bro's is a male. They are captive bred babies(they don't have salmonela, how ever you spell it, because they are captive bred)they live in the same tank, I will be getting pfd(which is money that alaska gives to the residents, they get the money from selling their profits like oil and things), and once I get that I will buy the tank. They are funny as heck! Especialy when they eat, they make a loud smacking sound. The fun part is handeling them, you have to handel them everyday. Once I find the camera, I will post pics. I was planning on getting on a long time ago, but I was waiting for the right time. I got her about two months ago. my bro's and mine get along just fine.
    crab freak!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You better find your camera! How old are they? How big? I hope they're still small! I love baby dragons. =]
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Mines about two-three months old. My bro's is about three months old. They are still babies. Im in the process of finding the camera, hope I find it soon!
    Last edited by aquatic lover; 10-27-2009 at 11:33 PM.
    crab freak!

4. Default Update

0 Not allowed!
    I just got my tank. It's a 40gal tank. I got drift wood,I got the sand(which needs to be a special sand called"calcium sand")I got the heat lamp and everything else that I would need. Once mine and my bro's beardies get older and they sexualy mature we will try and breed them.
    crab freak!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck!
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i saw these and fell in love, but was then told how aggressive they are so i had to pass.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OUFanatic
    i saw these and fell in love, but was then told how aggressive they are so i had to pass.
    If you don't train them to like people when they are young by handeling them everyday, they could be agressive when they grow up. Thats why it's good to get a baby, even better to get a captive bred baby. If you buy them when they are adults you don't know how they are taken care of when they were little, so they could be agressive at adulthood. Thats why it's better to get a baby. They aren't agressive during their juvie and you will get know their personalities a lot easier.
    Last edited by aquatic lover; 10-28-2009 at 08:03 PM.
    crab freak!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OUFanatic

They're not aggressive at all if they're handled constantly. There are cases where people have nasty dragons but thats because of how they were brought up.

As for your dragons not having salmonella because they're captive bred.. that has nothing to do with it. Any reptile can spread salmonella (though chances are small) because its carried out through the feces. And since all reptiles have feces.. all reptiles can potentially spread it. Just want to clear that up because that doesnt mean you should lower your guard. Wash after every handling!

9. Default Back with bearded dragon pics

0 Not allowed!
    I have been gone for a while, but now I have come back with some pics of my beardie. The link leads to pics of my beardie pancake. We have three bearded dragons(of course I will post pics of all three)right now. http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fish...0&ppuser=21591
    crab freak!

Awards Showcase

For your AC Tank! - Northernguy Merry Christmas - Northernguy Happy Birthday!!! - Jill For your love of the pleco. - R2 Ranch I agree with many things you say on many topics, so hee is a gift  that - james20 
    Sorry about your rat. - cer for giving a sick rat a great life - frank_zappa so sorry about JR. - gabbyguppy This one is best! - Agassizii thanks for the motm nomination! - Lab_Rat 
    To another Scotty fan,thx for chatting. - smaug Congrats on your awards. - Brookfish Sorry about Blaze - Rue thank you very much. - smaug 1 year at AC! - Northernguy 
    Thanks for all the help lately i really appreciate it. - octoxpuss cause  your  good - bushwhacker For the Camden Aquarium tour! - Rue Happy Easter! - Northernguy 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - annageckos Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - annageckos Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - annageckos 

0 Not allowed!
    Bearded dragons are great. But it is not a good idea to keep a male and female together all the time. Only for breeding. The male will try to breed her and could cause damage or even kill her. If she is bred too young it can be damaging or even fatal. It will also be stressful one the submissive animal. It may work out for a while but you shouldn't wait for something to happen before looking into separating them. I wouldn't recommend calcium sand either. You can use playsand for adult dragons. CS has killed reptiles by impaction. And so you know all bearded are captive bred. Australia has a ban on exporting any native animal. But just because an animal is cb does not mean it does not have salmonella. It is always a good idea to wash your hands before and after handling an animal. I know you didn't ask about these things but I just wanted to share some of what I know. A great site for all things beardies is http://www.beareddragon.org
    55 planted Community
    30 planted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast