· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Looking for a small snail eater

0 Not allowed!
    As the title says, I need a small snail hunter for my nearly stocked 29 gallon. The tank has been up and running for about half a year and the water para. are stable. Any ideas or knowledge would be appreciated. Thank you in advanced for any and all suggestions.
    40 gallon breeder housing one RES, Rena xp3, Aqua Clear 50
    (RIP) 55 gallon planted community, two Aqua clear 50, Rena xp2
    29 gallon community. 5 neon tetras, one common pleco, one clown pleco, 1 red tailed shark, 7 green/bronze corries

0 Not allowed!
    Assassin snails
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the  help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    what are the other residents? I have found syno's and most types of loaches to be excellent pest snail eaters.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Try chian Loach. They don't get very big. Just make sure you have room to have a small group of them as they need to have there own kind for company. z

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab_Rat
    Assassin snails
    bump!
    初心者
    Spokane Aquarist
    20Gal: new start
    64Gal new start

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks i am going to look into the assasin snail. My main concern is that i will get rid of the pest snails and then be overrun by the assasins. Any idea on the reproduction rate of the assassins?
    40 gallon breeder housing one RES, Rena xp3, Aqua Clear 50
    (RIP) 55 gallon planted community, two Aqua clear 50, Rena xp2
    29 gallon community. 5 neon tetras, one common pleco, one clown pleco, 1 red tailed shark, 7 green/bronze corries

Awards Showcase

here ya go! - Agassizii No Message - robflanker No Message - Tetris dude, you need to chill - Lab_Rat just cause - Twe3k 
    Ate a bunch of - Kaz you aint all bad,have a guardian dragon. - smaug No Message - Agassizii A red helmet awaits you beneath the rainbow... - Tetris Sorry about Ares - Jill 
    A bass from the creek under Rainbow Bridge! - Agassizii In remembrance of this thread:  http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=54355 - domjd05 No Message - Agassizii NEVER post before you think - Tetris No Message - Agassizii 
    You have awesome paint skillz! - Agassizii welcome back! - Lab_Rat welcome back - mommy1 welcome back! - Aeonflame Your story was awesome! - Lab_Rat 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pele 

0 Not allowed!
    Use a chainsaw.
    Have you had your daily dosage of Pele?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLII...ature=youtu.be
    ^Shaving is hard^

Awards Showcase

Have a martini on me fellow western marylander - jbeining75 thank you so much my puffer and i are very happy - Angila Heres one! :D - Wild Turkey nice plecos - KingFisher For all your advice  thanks - Celtic Fins 
    for your kind comments. - Celtic Fins Merry Christmas - Northernguy Awesome help with my loaches - R2 Ranch Seasons Greetings. Have a great Christmas - Celtic Fins Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill 
    Happy New year - Celtic Fins May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins 2001 posts! - Northernguy For your helpful fry advice - Cliff Its not a featherfin but thanks for the info!lol - Northernguy 
    Merry Christmas!!!!  :) - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Assassins are very slow to reproduce. About 1/3 of the eggs don't hatch, and the mortality among the tiny ones is high as well. No worries about them taking up where the "pest" snails left off.
    If you have stocking space (and suitable tankmates) for a cichlid that will grow to 4-5" (male, females about 3") I have some juvie chanchito's available that are excellent snail hunters. When I kept the parents in the 30 long I barely had any ramshorns left alive. After they were moved to another tank the snails went ballistic. I pull out several hundred each month to somewhat control their population now.

^^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by toddnbecka
    Assassins are very slow to reproduce. About 1/3 of the eggs don't hatch, and the mortality among the tiny ones is high as well. No worries about them taking up where the "pest" snails left off.
    If you have stocking space (and suitable tankmates) for a cichlid that will grow to 4-5" (male, females about 3") I have some juvie chanchito's available that are excellent snail hunters. When I kept the parents in the 30 long I barely had any ramshorns left alive. After they were moved to another tank the snails went ballistic. I pull out several hundred each month to somewhat control their population now.
    You cant go wrong with that info
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    if you do get overrun with assassin snails there is a good side to that in that you can sell them