· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default min # of Clown Loaches?

0 Not allowed!
    What is the min. number of Clown Loaches that should be kept together for them to be happy and healthy? I have read different things online, from 2 being the min to 3,4 even 5. Just wanted too see what you guys thought. Thanks

0 Not allowed!
    I would say 5...and I think Dave66 recommends that number from his loach primer.

I also believe min tank size for that many is 125g
    30g - Planted - need to do some serious rethinking
    20g - planning
    MS-II

0 Not allowed!
    I have three in my 150, but I'm upping it to 6 most likely tomorrow, so I'd say five.
    the statement below is false
    the statement above is true
    which one is true?
    Got a small tank? Check out Fishalicious' small fish list! http://fishaliciousfish.blogspot.com...-for-nano.html
    Got a big fish you just can't handle? Check out Monster Fish Rescue! http://www.monsterfishrescue.com/

0 Not allowed!
    I've kept a group of 5, but I've also kept a group of just 3 with great success. The group of 3 were still just as social and active as a group of 5.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

For your AC Tank! - Northernguy Merry Christmas - Northernguy Happy Birthday!!! - Jill For your love of the pleco. - R2 Ranch I agree with many things you say on many topics, so hee is a gift  that - james20 
    Sorry about your rat. - cer for giving a sick rat a great life - frank_zappa so sorry about JR. - gabbyguppy This one is best! - Agassizii thanks for the motm nomination! - Lab_Rat 
    To another Scotty fan,thx for chatting. - smaug Congrats on your awards. - Brookfish Sorry about Blaze - Rue thank you very much. - smaug 1 year at AC! - Northernguy 
    Thanks for all the help lately i really appreciate it. - octoxpuss cause  your  good - bushwhacker For the Camden Aquarium tour! - Rue Happy Easter! - Northernguy 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - annageckos Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - annageckos Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - annageckos 

0 Not allowed!
    I keep all schooling fish in groups of 6 or more, at the minimum 4.
    55 gallon planted community
    30 gallon planted community
    10 gallon planted wild type guppies and cherry shrimp
    2X5.5

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I dont know to much about other fish but i love clown loaches so i have done tons of reasearch and most recommend 1,3 or 5 or more. Two is a bad # cause they will not have a leader and constantly be picking on each other. I know alot of people will not agree but i have kept 1 and he was very happy but i gave in to everything i heard and bought 2 more. They are amazing to watch.

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Minimum 4 IMO.
    Thar she blows!!!

Awards Showcase

you need a calvus for your tang tank - Celtic Fins Congratulations to you both - Celtic Fins Congrats on your engagement! - Brookfish my favorite fish - jaysee you speak so much sense - AlexW 
    You need one... - Little Embers hang in there mac - mommy1 one for you too. Thanks - Celtic Fins thanks for the rep - Celtic Fins good luck in all you do. - Celtic Fins 
    Id like to give you one too. - Amazon merry christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas sir!!! - Mith Nollaig Shona! (Christmas greetings) - Brookfish happy holidays! - Jacko 
    Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill Happy new year! - Brookfish Happy New Year! - The Red Severum Congratulations on your rep star :-) - Celtic Fins Welcome back - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    I have 2, due to the fact I can't find any around me at the moment. but never find them aggressive to each other.

For me once I get some I am upping to a group of 5.

Really the more the merrier. I am for at least 5 and more.

mac
    Last edited by mac; 03-01-2010 at 04:10 AM.
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    5 is what I've always heard...4 would most likely be OK though. I'd go with more rather than less.
    55 Gallon - Reef
    55 Gallon - Red-Eared Slider
    20 Gallon - Brackish/Figure 8 Puffer

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    I've always thought 6 was the magic number, more the merrier!
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook