· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a front for your AC tank! - Brookfish   I love your Fronts! - Brookfish   here ya go! - Agassizii   Thanks for the comment on my blogg...you rock - violet   Sorry for your loss. - cer   

Default I think my baby RTC is dying

0 Not allowed!
    its been 3 days and she still has not eat and she is just laying on the bottom of the pond all beat up, i feel terrible i cant do anything for her. She usually takes shrimp from my hand but now she just turns the other way.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

ya needed one - korith   for being super sweet - Lynn Conroy   I told you I'd use it well ;-) - DragonWatch   Something for your tank,  and for being a good sport. - Brookfish   Happy Saint Patricks Day! - Brookfish   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lobsternoob   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm pretty sure I remember you saying in another thread that the RTC got a bit cut up by a rock, have you used any type of medication, that can at times cause appetite probs, also the fact that the fish is injured and trying to rest up might affect its appetite. RTC's in my experience are pretty hardy, most larger catfish are even when young. Try and get a good look at it, in a pond that can be hard at times, If it still doesn't eat for a few more days then I might start worrying, when was the last time you remember it eating (the 3 days im assuming), and how much did it eat then? most fish can go for a lot longer than that without eating, but the fish not acting as it normally would is more of a bad sign than the not eating to me.

If this RTC is still small you may want to catch it and put it into a QT tank if you can, it could make observation and any needed treatment much easier.
    No matter how much I learn or know I'm still gonna be a NOOB, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Have a front for your AC tank! - Brookfish   I love your Fronts! - Brookfish   here ya go! - Agassizii   Thanks for the comment on my blogg...you rock - violet   Sorry for your loss. - cer   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lobsternoob
    I'm pretty sure I remember you saying in another thread that the RTC got a bit cut up by a rock, have you used any type of medication, that can at times cause appetite probs, also the fact that the fish is injured and trying to rest up might affect its appetite. RTC's in my experience are pretty hardy, most larger catfish are even when young. Try and get a good look at it, in a pond that can be hard at times, If it still doesn't eat for a few more days then I might start worrying, when was the last time you remember it eating (the 3 days im assuming), and how much did it eat then? most fish can go for a lot longer than that without eating, but the fish not acting as it normally would is more of a bad sign than the not eating to me.

If this RTC is still small you may want to catch it and put it into a QT tank if you can, it could make observation and any needed treatment much easier.

Last night i moved her to a hospital tank and fresh water and melafix, as of 5 am wed morning she is hanging n there.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you needed a gift - Agassizii   Thanks for the tip! - Northernguy   I'm so sorry :( - Oscar_freak12321   Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New Years, here's your Pl*co! xD - Oscar_freak12321   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - VoidParadigm   

0 Not allowed!
    Have you tried just leaving food near her?
    Put some relatively near her body, then turn off all bright lights and leave her alone for a while.
    Another suggestion of mine is covering part or all of the tank with a thick towel/blanket.
    In my experience injured or sick fish heal faster in low light, or at the least don't get as stressed out by their own complication.*
    I wouldn't worry too much about her too much until she hits one week of not eating.

*Hm. Someone on here told me that, and I've been doing it since with great results. Cannot remember who, though... Maybe NG or RobFlanker?
    Last edited by VoidParadigm; 10-21-2009 at 01:01 PM.
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I hope she will be okay!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for info guys, as of today at 4 pm she is hanging in there

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you needed a gift - Agassizii   Thanks for the tip! - Northernguy   I'm so sorry :( - Oscar_freak12321   Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New Years, here's your Pl*co! xD - Oscar_freak12321   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - VoidParadigm   

0 Not allowed!
    Best of luck with her.
    Keep us updated!
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry about your fish!
    Clean water is a must.
    I'd be doing water changes daily or every other day.Keep the tank light out,it apparently does assist in healing by keeping the stress levels down.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone for your support!! I tried leaving some food for her with the lights out and she did not take it.I just did an 80% waterchange and hopefully she will get better soon.