· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My onion plants

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

Default My onion plants

0 Not allowed!
    I planted these just to see if Silver Dollars would eat them. They don't touch them. These are the plants I put in just 2 weeks ago and look how much they've grown in crummy lighting and under the worse conditions possibly. I have probably re-planted these 20 times due to the fluorite not holding them in. Apparently they haven't cared as here they are..........grown about 5 inches in 2 weeks.

OK......now I'm excited.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer   For the donation...thanks! - A340   Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   Merry Christmas! - SkarloeysMom   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Drumachine09   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Drumachine09   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Drumachine09   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Drumachine09   Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    Great looking plant Hobbs! Would you reccomend them for a beginner to the plant world?
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Well, you're looking at one right here and you know all the bloody problems I've had. I would most certainly recommend them to someone wanting to plant a tank that have SD.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some gifts - Lady Hobbs   coffee, tea or me? - Lady Hobbs   now it looks better here - Lady Hobbs   ok, I quit - Lady Hobbs   Cogratulations on 1st lottery win! - Lady Hobbs   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sergo   

0 Not allowed!
    does you tank water smell like onions? hehe
    55 gal lightly planted mbuna

"some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer   For the donation...thanks! - A340   Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   Merry Christmas! - SkarloeysMom   Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Drumachine09   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Drumachine09   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Drumachine09   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Drumachine09   Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Well, you're looking at one right here and you know all the bloody problems I've had. I would most certainly recommend them to someone wanting to plant a tank that have SD.

Hmmm, im going to some local fish stores and some of the pet stores (the ones that have their act together in the fish department) to see if i can maybe get a job. Ill mosey around for a bit to see if i can find them. Are they just called onion plants?
    Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can pay the rent.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for good advice - hobbs   ROADTRIP! - Drumachine09   We'll need a case of these for the roadtrip, got the humvee waitin. lol - cocoa_pleco   NO plants = Sour grapes  LOL - hobbs   Wooden Spoon Protection! - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    lmao. See Hobbs? You don't have a black thumb ;)
    Foshizzle.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Crinum Thaianum but they go by common name of Onion.

If you are able to find them, plant them so part of the bulb is exposed or it will rot. That's why I had problems keeping them in the substrate is because only part of them can be planted. If you note from my pic, part of the bulb is exposed.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrona
    lmao. See Hobbs? You don't have a black thumb ;)
    LOL I had an additon put on my house just for plants. I had 54 of them when I moved and they were not small plants. I had a room full of palms, peace lilies, spider plants and everything you could think of. My black thumb extends only into the fish tank where I had:

Crummy plants to start with
    Substrate that won't keep them rooted
    Crummy lighting
    CO2 that I couldn't get working correctly
    And a massive algae bloom........twice

LOL The only black on me was that cloud hanging over my head.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a beer to go with your name :) - Abbeys_Mom   your christmas present.  It's the 33g, it's folded :) - Abbeys_Mom   Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy   Singing to you.  Can you hear me? - hobbs   In memory of your friend, and a little love for you on that loss - kimmers318   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - crackatinny   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - crackatinny   AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - crackatinny   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - crackatinny   

0 Not allowed!
    I am just wondering if you can harvest and eat them, MMMMMMMM fish flavoured pickled onions

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some gifts - Lady Hobbs   coffee, tea or me? - Lady Hobbs   now it looks better here - Lady Hobbs   ok, I quit - Lady Hobbs   Cogratulations on 1st lottery win! - Lady Hobbs   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sergo   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by crackatinny
    I am just wondering if you can harvest and eat them, MMMMMMMM fish flavoured pickled onions
    ewwww
    55 gal lightly planted mbuna

"some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."