· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Thumbs up Excellent!

0 Not allowed!
    Great write-up! I'll be resealing a 35 hex tank my sister is swapping for my leaking 27, so I'll need these directions in a day or two.

LOVE the idea of the masking tape to keep the lines neat!
    Dragoon Woman
    46 bowfront: Planted, Angelfish, Rasboras, Cories, Tetras, Otos
    25g: Planted, cherry shrimp, otos
    5g: Planted, Betta
    4g: Planted, betta
    5 horses, 7 cats, all rescued animals

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    You will have a lot of taping to do! lol
    Thats a lot of seams!Its no more difficult than a standard tank just more preperation.
    Good luck and post some pics!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just came across this writeup, great job NG!! A plumber taught me a trick when smoothing any kind of caulk, ready?

Wet your finger. Wetting your finger allows it to glide more evenly and smoothly over the caulk, and doesn't cause as much "waste" caulk to build up on your finger, as it doesn't stick. You get the smoothing effect without removing as much caulk. After each swipe, clean then re wet your finger. Same applies to beading tools

--chris

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    If you look at the pics you will see I used my finger, but thanks.lol
    Its not recomended that you get silicone on your skin.Thats why I didn't mention it in the thread.
    I have always used my finger to smooth it out.You cannot feel the imperfections with a tool like you can with a finger.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

0 Not allowed!
    just did it 20 mins ago on my 75 gal its in the garage curing, thanks to this thread i found it fairly easy, cheers NG great article
    just a quick question, i used GE 2 windows and door clear 100% silicone is this as good as GE 1 silicone???

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by promise82
    just did it 20 mins ago on my 75 gal its in the garage curing, thanks to this thread i found it fairly easy, cheers NG great article
    just a quick question, i used GE 2 windows and door clear 100% silicone is this as good as GE 1 silicone???
    Nope.. GE 2 will end up killing your fish. Have a look at this thread to see what will happen if you use GE Silicone II instead of GE SIlicone I Phantom Killer

Hate to say it but... you will need to strip all that you just put on your tank off.. clean it real good and start over using GE I 100% Silicone.
    The beatings will continue until moral improves!

0 Not allowed!
    wow holy crap, im gonna have to start again then, will let this lot cure and go out and find some GE1 from home depot then. thanks for the info, that single thread just saved my oscars life

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by promise82
    wow holy crap, im gonna have to start again then, will let this lot cure and go out and find some GE1 from home depot then. thanks for the info, that single thread just saved my oscars life
    No problem.. happy to help. Sucks you have to start over but at least you caught it now rather than later
    The beatings will continue until moral improves!

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    AWESOME POST!! I would give you some more rep but it says I have to wait since I already gave you some recently...lol

I'm always scared to do this cause I think I won't do it right and it will leak later on...lol After reading this I might try it next time I run across a good deal on a leaking tank
    “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” - Nikola Tesla

"GoT FiSh?"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kel
    No problem.. happy to help. Sucks you have to start over but at least you caught it now rather than later
    yeah exactly, my oscar has been with me for some time so the least i can do is put the little guy in a safe tank. again thanks for the info kel