· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need pleco ID

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Next round is on me! :-D - MCHRKiller   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   Friends don't let friends drink alone, Cheers - Cliff   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   I think this will help after the tree - mommy1   

Default Need pleco ID

0 Not allowed!
    I know he's an ancistrus of some sort, just trying to figure out what species. Currently about 1.5" or slightly smaller. I'm hoping he's a claro, but am thinking he may be cirrhosus.

Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awesome responce to the severum thread! - The Red Severum   Great poster. - mac   Thanks - Northernguy   Thanks! - LadyHatred   Thought you would like this. - fishbum   

0 Not allowed!
    Give a look at Hypostomus punctatus and see what you think.
    -Dr. James

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Next round is on me! :-D - MCHRKiller   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   Friends don't let friends drink alone, Cheers - Cliff   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   I think this will help after the tree - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Ugh, he better not be a Hypostomus...was sold as a bristlenose. The guy from the LFS (my very reputable specialty african cichlid one) said he bred him himself. Because I'm not so bright sometimes I forgot to ask which species. This LFS only carries Ancistrus, Ancistomus, Baryancistrus, Chaetostoma, Panaque, Parotocinclus, and Peckoltia (didn't have any in when I got this guy or I would have gone with them) for their pleco selection, except for a few large common plecos that people have brought in.
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awesome responce to the severum thread! - The Red Severum   Great poster. - mac   Thanks - Northernguy   Thanks! - LadyHatred   Thought you would like this. - fishbum   

0 Not allowed!
    Did you look up the one I suggested and see if they matched?
    -Dr. James

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I did (on planet catfish) and fortunately I don't think that is him. His dorsal fin is not nearly as big as the punctatus and his markings are different. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thought you needed a gift :) - arkie   for a fellow front lover - sailor   this is the biggest fish they have!! - The Red Severum   For making me smile with your Arow story. - Brookfish   Happy Holidays! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    How about L110?
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:
    20" Tropical Gar, 18" Florida Gar, 20" Longnose Gar,
    17" Ornate Bichir, 25" Silver Arowana, 16" Bowfin, 15" Giant Gourami

16" Male Dovii

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demjor19
    How about L110?
    Looked at the profile, my guys spots seem too blotchy and not nearly as perfect as the ones of the L110. Do the spots vary within the species?

I don't know if this helps, but in the couple weeks I've had him he's grown much more width wise than length wise.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for the great help - cer   Fav Fish - cer   Loachy - cer   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Happy Holidays - cer   

0 Not allowed!
    it almost looks like my guy phantom pleco

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Your LFS carries panaques? I wish.... you shoulda bought one of those behemoths!! Which L# royals?
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Panaque cf. maccus 'Ringlet Pleco' L104

Panaque nigrolineatus 'Royal Pleco' L190

Panaque nigrolineatus 'Royal Pleco' L191