· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

0 Not allowed!
    Good to put a name on the face, it does definatly appear to be a malaysian leaf fish. Kudos to Brook for posting that pic
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

Awards Showcase

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish welcome - Algenco Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins 
    You need one of these too. - Celtic Fins everyones given you one but me! - mommy1 Thanks for Playing Mafia - The Red Severum Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Congrats on your pic award - Celtic Fins Sorry about Blackie and the others mate! - fraggle the algae was meant to be tissues! - fraggle sorry about your fishies - lucyinthesky Ta for the rep! - Wetpets 
    BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 3.14 - Kaz Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Gayle Congrats on  POTM - Celtic Fins Congrats! - Wild Turkey Congrats on POTM! - Brookfish 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k 

0 Not allowed!
    Sure looks like it to me. Cool fish!

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rich311k
    Sure looks like it to me. Cool fish!
    I wish they had some color besides that dark green.
    They are not very big on personality either.
    I cannot find any info on this fish. I have tried several different names.It doesn't resemble any other leaf fish!lol
    Its also called banded leaf fish,malaysian perch...lol

If anyone happens to find a link please post it.
    Thanks!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I looked around a bit, only info I was able to find other than a pretty decent sounding recipe, which I'm pretty sure is not what your looking for (yet) was this:
    Taxonomy Name
    Pristolepis fasciata
    Family
    Pristolepididae
    Genus
    Pristolepis
    Other Name
    , Kepar, Kepor, Patung, Patong, Maroon perch, Banded leaf fish

honestly this could be info about a totally different fish, but the pic looked right, and one of the names was the same. unfortunately my comp crashed right after I copied and pasted it, so I lost the link from where this came from, but thats all the info it had anyway.

Also, the fish doesn't look to "leafy" to me when compared to fish I have seen referred to as leaf fish. But i guess hey, whatever I didnt name it!
    Last edited by lobsternoob; 10-27-2009 at 02:07 AM.
    No matter how much I learn or know I'm still gonna be a NOOB, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot!

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks lobsternoob!
    I do appreciate you trying!It is a dificult fish to find any info on.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the É help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    gotta say it is similar, but I am not convinced...

besides the eye difference, the mouth on the leaf fish looks placed higher up than on your fish.

Honestly it looks like some cichlids I saw in the tank where I got my Mbuna...he just said they were his ugly SA cichlids...about 3-4"

7. Default Possibles

0 Not allowed!
    From what I can find it is definitely from the Family: Nandidae and the Genus: Pristolepis. Within this genus there are 3 species: marginata (Malabar Leaf Fish), grootii (Indonesian Leaf Fish), and fasciata (Malaysian Leaf Fish.) There is one pic on the web that is used for all three that seems to be the most common.
    Pristolepis fasciata (Bleeker, 1851)and here.
    Pristolepis marginata and here.
    Pristolepis grootii

All three are very similar from what I can tell and the first link under marginata has a great artical about it. From what I read the stripes show more prominently when they are about to spawn. I will let you decide which one you think you have. Looking at your pics, I think it is possible that these fish are both leaf fish but different species. Either way you appear to have some rare fish, Enjoy them!!!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernguy
    I wish they had some color besides that dark green.
    They are not very big on personality either.
    I cannot find any info on this fish. I have tried several different names.It doesn't resemble any other leaf fish!lol
    Its also called banded leaf fish,malaysian perch...lol

If anyone happens to find a link please post it.
    Thanks!
    i have 2 i have not found much info myself but do a web check four the name pristolepis grootii the pictures i found looked just like the fish i have dozy big eyes a very lite green nearly skin coloured tipe withvery faint verticle lines on body the other common names i found were indonesian leaf fish,groots leaf fish,malayan tiger nandid hope this has been helpfull if i find a good link i will post it

0 Not allowed!
    Please check the dates before posting, this thread is over 2 years old now
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]