· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

Default Lo's 29 Gallon Home Aquarium

0 Not allowed!
    Lo's 29 Gallon Home Aquarium

Lo's 10 Gallon Office Aquarium Journal

Tank Specs:
    • Size: 29 US Gallons
    • Dimentions: 30(L) x 12(D) x 18(H)

Equiptment:
    • Heater: 100 watt Aqueon Submersible Heater
    • Air Pump: PETCO brand dual airpump with airstones
    • Filter: AquaClear50(200)
    • Lighting: Coralife 30 Inch
    • Thermometer: ESU Reptile Digital Thermometer

Plants:
    • Background: Amazon Swords, Java Fern
    • Midground: Borneo Fern, Anubias
    • Foreground: Anubias(200)

Other:
    • Substrate: 40 lbs Eco-Complete
    • Decorations: Fake driftwood piece, sand bar

Fish Plan:
    *** This list is subject to change. ***
    • Schooling: 10 - 12 Neon Tetra or Cardinal Tetra
    • Algae Eaters: 4 - 6 Otocinclus Catfish
    • Livebearers: ~ 3 Platies
    • Centerpiece: 1 Male Betta
    Last edited by Lolita; 09-25-2009 at 05:11 PM.
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

6.6 Fluval Chi: planted. stock: 1 male halfmoon betta
    Journal

Awards Showcase

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish welcome - Algenco Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins 
    You need one of these too. - Celtic Fins everyones given you one but me! - mommy1 Thanks for Playing Mafia - The Red Severum Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Congrats on your pic award - Celtic Fins Sorry about Blackie and the others mate! - fraggle the algae was meant to be tissues! - fraggle sorry about your fishies - lucyinthesky Ta for the rep! - Wetpets 
    BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 3.14 - Kaz Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Gayle Congrats on  POTM - Celtic Fins Congrats! - Wild Turkey Congrats on POTM! - Brookfish 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k 

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a good plan. The sword will need to be trimmed often as it will fill the tank by itself if you let it.

Awards Showcase

For your AC tank! - Northernguy Nice job on the tank! - Brookfish I sure hope this helps! lol Good luck! - Northernguy congrats on the fish - Lab_Rat This is a lucky Neon! - Northernguy 
    Such a good fish Mommy! lol - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish Sorry about your Guppy! - Brookfish i hope the guppies are okay :) - Demi ^_^ this is a guppy? lol - domjd05 
    Happy B-Day :) - Agassizii Happy Birthday =D - Aeonflame Happy Birthday! - Brookfish for an excellent post - Lab_Rat thanks for the gift XD - genocidex 
    This makes 2, 8 to go! - homemadepopcorn thanks so much for coming to my aid! - fishmommie 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rich311k
    Sounds like a good plan. The sword will need to be trimmed often as it will fill the tank by itself if you let it.
    That's a good thing at the moment lol. Right now it's pretty small, the shortest are about 4 inches and the tallest maybe 9. I'll let them grow a bit, then start trimming. =D Thanks for the advice!
    29 Gallon Tank : planted. stock: 2 GBR, 13 Harlequin Rasbora, 5 otocinclus, bn pleco
    Journal

Journal

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nice planning! That tank will be awesome!
    46g BF tank - 5 Tiger Barbs, 8 Gold Barbs, 7 Schwartzi Cories, 1 Female German Blue Ram, 1 Red Tailed Shark and 1 Bushynose Pleco. Driftwood, natural rock and all live plants for the environment.

Awards Showcase

Default Current Tank Set-Up

0 Not allowed!
    After sitting a week without a filter (it came broken and I had to have a replacement sent), I'm finally cycling! It's a good feeling, I just hope it all goes smoothly... every time I go to the store I stare in at the fish I want forever... the people that work there must think I'm nuts! xD

Anyhow, here's a picture and a little video. I added a couple more plants after taking these, but it looks pretty much the same (just added a few more swords to the back to fill it out).

See the Video here!

Can't wait to get fishies!!
    Journal

Journal

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cfgsteak
    Nice planning! That tank will be awesome!
    =D Thanks so much!! I'm trying to be as organized as possible. I want to make sure I do this right so I can have a happy, healthy community to keep me company!
    Journal

Journal

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolita
    =D Thanks so much!! I'm trying to be as organized as possible. I want to make sure I do this right so I can have a happy, healthy community to keep me company!
    I LOVE the picture! That is the kind of tank I appreciate the most. Great job. Your fish will love it.
    46g BF tank - 5 Tiger Barbs, 8 Gold Barbs, 7 Schwartzi Cories, 1 Female German Blue Ram, 1 Red Tailed Shark and 1 Bushynose Pleco. Driftwood, natural rock and all live plants for the environment.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cfgsteak
    I LOVE the picture! That is the kind of tank I appreciate the most. Great job. Your fish will love it.
    Thank you so much! I appreciate any feedback, this is my first planted tank... my last (and first ever tank) was a 10 gallon with 1 goldfish..and I didn't really know what I was doing when I started out.

I'm looking forward to the plans filling out more over the next month while I cycle. I want to make sure there's plenty of hiding space for my fishies!
    Journal

Journal

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looks good! If it was me I'd get six neons and six cardinals. I personally think seeing the two schools interact would be interesting, but whatever floats your boat. Good luck on the tank!
    A severe lack of trichogaster.

Just because your Gourami is sick does not mean it is always Iridovirus, DGIV, Gourami Disease, et cetera.
    Look at all the other factors in your tank before coming to this conclusion.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidParadigm
    Looks good! If it was me I'd get six neons and six cardinals. I personally think seeing the two schools interact would be interesting, but whatever floats your boat. Good luck on the tank!
    =D I like that idea a lot actually! I was considering it before, but I didn't know if Neons liked to be the only tetra species in the tank or not. Cardinals are probably similar enough anyway, though.

Thank you for the suggestion!
    Journal

Journal