· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here is my wife's weight loss story in a nutshell:

She put on 40 pounds 10 years ago when having our first child. The weight didn't come off until this year. She went on a girls' trip with her friends and someone took a picture of them all standing together on the beach. Between that picture and her doctor's ORDER to lose weight, she became committed. She joined Weight Watchers where they taught her basic principles of nutrition and she began exercising regularly several days a week. We swim laps 1 day a week and she race walks on the treadmill while watching TV some evenings. She also tries cardio classes at the fitness club and has found a few that are fun because of an exceptional instructor. The nutrition mistake she had been making was to not eat all day, and then eat two plates of food for dinner, then lay on the couch, and go to bed. Now she eats 3-4 smaller meals a day and I don't see her on the couch much. The Weight Watchers app for her phone taught her how to track what she eats daily over the course of a week. It was a handy app at first, and now she doesn't need it because she got into the habit of eating that way. She and I are both very happy with the results. She will continue to attend WW meetings as long as necessary to keep the weight off. My father is going through AA now and there are certainly some similarities. As for myself, I'm naturally skinny and just consider myself very lucky. When my pants start to feel snug, I adjust my food and exercise instead of buying new pants.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats to your wife! I experienced something similar...gained weight with each baby...and then didn't lose it after No. 3. Hated myself in pictures...there are very few of me during those years to proved that...and was finally told to lose weight by my doctor...

And I did it.

This little gain is bugging me though. All that hard to work to get it off...and it came back SOOOOOOOOOOO easily...

Chris: You're right! I can do it...I just need to get a different job...something physical...like working on a ship off the coast of Norway....

Seriously though...congrats on your recent drop too!
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by balt
    She joined Weight Watchers . As for myself, I'm naturally skinny and just consider myself very lucky. When my pants start to feel snug, I adjust my food and exercise instead of buying new pants.
    Yay for Weight Watchers - been a member since 6/11 and lost 25lbs over 9 mos - became a Lifetime member in 3/12 - it's the way to go! Good for both of you!
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT
    Remember: Our job is to take care of the water our fish live in

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue

Chris: You're right! I can do it...I just need to get a different job...something physical...like working on a ship off the coast of Norway....
    You'd be surprised how unphyisical my job in Norway was Rue.

Off to Korea or Singapore next, month off first though!
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm...

...okay then. You go to Singapore.

I'll do stairs...

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am looking at surgery for my weight control, hopefully i will hear shortly if its going ahead or not.....i want my life back!
    Lots of tanks
    Camera - Sony A33 - Sony A58
    18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM lens
    55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM lens

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So an update: I am booked in to have surgery on the 27th November. Monday 5th i start the pre-surgery diet, that i think will be the most challenging part of the whole procedure...
    I cant wait to get my life back!!!
    Lots of tanks
    55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM lens

8. Default I was just diagnosed with type two diabetes

0 Not allowed!
    I was just diagnosed with type two diabetes (am on a pill for it). It's just hard for me to get motivated to excercise as i love to be on my computer after i get home from work in the warehouse i'm employed at. It's half desk work, half walking, but i have been told it's definately not enough walking as i don't really get my heart rate up.

I need to start walking/running in place in my condo. I did it before when i used to have my wii fit plus, it kicked my backside but i was able to do it.

I have started eating better though, so any good motions i can make is a plus. Also for my first week have been testing myself before meals in the morning before i take my diabetes pill, and after lunch and dinner to get some records into the meter.

To get off my meds i will probably have to lose at least 65 pounds. Even if i lose it i still face the age old problem of keeping it off. Wish me luck.

You know i could just play with my cat more during the day sometimes. he's indoor and mostly a lap cat with a weight problem as well. he's 13.5 and that's heavy for a siamese.

I promise i'm done rambling now. Have a nice night.

20 gallon tall -7 paskai's rainbowfish (neons and blue eyes), 8 rasbora het, 2 blue ninja shrimp, 9 cherry shrimp, 3 algae eating shrimp, 2 nerite snail, 2 pc driftwood planted with anubias and narrowleaf java fern.
    Other plants in tank - 1 bunch anacharis (separated), 1 bunch water wysteria (separated), 1 red wendii, Mossball, 1 microsword plant (separated), 1 package of staurogyne repense (separated)

Cinnamon = 9 year old Siamese Cat[
    1 Rat - Domino aka Domi
    1 Robo hamster - Spice

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry about the diabetes...my entire paternal side of the family has it...and that's another reason I wanted to lose the weight now...didn't want to have to deal with that in the future.

After watching the lot of them deal with injections, pills, related medical issues...do yourself a favour and do what you need to get the weight off. It's the best 'cure'...

Quote Originally Posted by Alasse
    So an update: I am booked in to have surgery on the 27th November. Monday 5th i start the pre-surgery diet, that i think will be the most challenging part of the whole procedure...
    I cant wait to get my life back!!!
    Good luck! I hope this approach does the trick for you. You do know that you will also have to 'diet' forever after the surgery? I've met a couple of people who didn't understand this. Dunno how...they did do all the pre-surgery stuff...

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Big big difference between the pre surgery diet and after surgery.

Pre surgery is VERY restrictive. 3 Shakes, 2 cups vegis, 2 small fruit, water, multivitamin and fish oil tabs...That is it, every day. It isnt for diet reasons actually, its purpose is to 'clean up' the liver.

After surgery i can eat anything i want but in much smaller portions (as i just wont have the stomach room), of course you cant be stupid and eat crap constantly. You just arent hungry like pre surgery. It is physically impossible for me to binge eat, which is what got me to this point.
    Last edited by Alasse; 11-04-2012 at 01:04 AM.
    Lots of tanks
    55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM lens

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast