· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    One thing you can't do is eat less, actually you need to eat more.

Go from 3 meals a day to 5 smaller meals, keeps your matabolism up.

Another thing, I don't know if you go to a gym or have a gym at home, but working out (lifting weights and weight training) burns more calories then running and cardio. Yes cardio is good, but dropping pounds is easier done with lifting weights. Bump up your lean protien intake also (chicken, fish, rice/beans ect)

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am no expert but any of the "FAD" diets are a no no. They do not teach you to eat correctly to keep the weight off. I work with a woman who is on a low carb diet. She likes the diet since she can eat what she wants as long as it fits into the amount of carbs she can take in. For her this works out just fine. For others it may not. Starvation diets do not work either. These will actually store up bad fat to be used later on since your body is not sure when it will get more. I am all for the cut back not cut out weight loss. Enjoy your food just in controlled portions (I am not one to speak on this just yet!! I love seconds sometimes). I used to years ago do a Monday - Friday diet that seemed to work well for me. That way on Saturday and Sunday I could eat some pizza, quarter pounder, or a shake. I liked because I knew if I worked all week long there was a reward. For men the reward isn't getting into a size 4 it's an extra slice of pizza and beer while watching the game.

The only other way I found to lose some weight quickly is divorce. I lost 40 pounds in 6 months after I got divorced!!! LOL Of course I gained 50 pounds back in 2 months when Chazbot and I got married. Her and her mom can cook really good!!! Not a recommended method but it did work!!! Won't be doing this one again!!

If anyone is interested, I have a cousin who is a certified personal trainer. This is his life and has been as far back as I can remember. he has a website that you can download workout videos from. They can be customized and all that kind of stuff. Allows those who want to do home workouts a nicer way than some of these boot camps you see on tv. If you want the name of the website just pm me. I don't want to post it here and seem like I am promoting just him. I actually like his approach and style though.

21 Cockatiels, 7 Aquariums, 3 Cats , 2 Sugar Gliders

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    That's the hard part...all I've been thinking about for the last 3 weeks is food...and I'm not even a foodie!

I dunno...some of my favourite meals have been when I've been home alone and I've indulged in potato chips and icecream... Can't imagine never doing that again...

...but I'm tired of being overweight and not having clothes fit properly anymore...so frustrating...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tut
    For men the reward isn't getting into a size 4 it's an extra slice of pizza and beer while watching the game.
    I must be a man then.

The main reason your metabolism slows down as you age is a drop in muscle, muscle mass is what burns fat and keeps your body burning calories. As you age keep up with some free weight training and you wont experience that sudden decline in metabolism.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue
    That's the hard part...all I've been thinking about for the last 3 weeks is food...and I'm not even a foodie!

I dunno...some of my favourite meals have been when I've been home alone and I've indulged in potato chips and icecream... Can't imagine never doing that again...

...but I'm tired of being overweight and not having clothes fit properly anymore...so frustrating...
    Ice Cream - Now there is a hard one. I love it!! The honest thing is it's ok to have some ice cream or some chips. Just moderation. It isn't ok to eat an small carton of Ben and Jerry's Cinnabon in one sitting (not that I have ever done once or twenty times).

Some of my favorite meals are with Chazbot at like 1am when I get home from work and I have picked up some subs or something. Usually it is just us and the critters. The little ones in bed. Not necessarily the most romantic candle lit thing but for us it is nice. I will miss those meals because those are the worst for me. At least until a Fri/Sat night when we want a pizza or something.

I know I need to work harder at eating right. I just like to eat!!!

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy Active! - Wild Turkey Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^ 
    Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas! To a fishy kind of person! - LORENZO Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey Happy Holidays! - Brookfish Merrryyyyy Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - LORENZO 
    Thanks for the nom! - Northernguy Goodluck with the betta breeding! - Demi ^_^ You need a clown loach. - troy Why ask why?  Just love this little guy!... LOL - Mith Good luck with your Sals. - Celtic Fins 
    Thank you! - Northernguy Celebrate your award - Jellygirl I love piggies and you only have on.  Now you have a friend for it! - Mith Sorry to hear about your clown! - Brookfish Happy birthday have a great day - Celtic Fins 

0 Not allowed!
    We actually eat healthy most of the time. We rarely have pizza, or ice cream, or any high fat meals. Ken had a quadruple bypass a few years ago....

I don't think I can do the weight lifting or even the gym...although, I suppose if I had someone work out a program to suit me, it might work. I have a lot of muscle injury from a car accident, as well as arthritis. I don't have pain free days...ever. I do walk every day(briskly for an hour)....well, almost every day...and I don't lose an ounce.
    Last edited by Sharon; 09-24-2009 at 12:00 AM.
    Sharon

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    We actually eat healthy most of the time. We rarely have pizza, or ice cream, or any high fat meals. Ken had a quadruple bypass a few years ago....

I don't think I can do the weight lifting or even the gym...although, I suppose if I had someone work out a program to suit me, it might work. I have a lot of muscle injury from a car accident, as well as arthritis. I don't have pain free days...ever. I do walk every day(briskly for an hour)....well, almost every day...and I don't lose an ounce.
    I know what you mean by non-pain free days. I have had three shoulder repairs (two major) and two knee rebuilds. I can't do the weights and need to only do light cardio especially now as out of shape as I am. I have a brand new bike (well it's 4 years old but it looks new) that I need to get out and ride. That is something I used to enjoy doing. I know at the YMCA where I live you can get a certified trainer there to help you out when you have special needs. That might be a thought.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just realized, i posted that, as i was eating ruffles chips lmao

0 Not allowed!
    Start out small Sharon, you can pick up a couple of free weights from walmart as small as 2lbs. I had reconstructive knee surgery after a pretty bad car accident a few years ago and trust me I can understand how hard it is sometimes. Know exactly when its going to rain to...my knee always lets me know the weather, lol. When you walk put some small weights on your ankles and have maybe some 5lb ones in your hands...trust me it will help build muscle
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Most forget that body weight, is weight.

You can do lunges, wall sits, push ups, and many, MANY varieties of these that will rapidly build muslces.