· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Mother in law is doing weight watchers and she's dropped 50lbs in the past year.
    -Dr. James

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy Active! - Wild Turkey Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^ 
    Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas! To a fishy kind of person! - LORENZO Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey Happy Holidays! - Brookfish Merrryyyyy Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - LORENZO 
    Thanks for the nom! - Northernguy Goodluck with the betta breeding! - Demi ^_^ You need a clown loach. - troy Why ask why?  Just love this little guy!... LOL - Mith Good luck with your Sals. - Celtic Fins 
    Thank you! - Northernguy Celebrate your award - Jellygirl I love piggies and you only have on.  Now you have a friend for it! - Mith Sorry to hear about your clown! - Brookfish Happy birthday have a great day - Celtic Fins 

0 Not allowed!
    I've always been thin...sometimes too thin. I've gained in the last five years, and although I wouldn't mind keeping some of the extra weight, I'd like to lose 5 pounds. It's been almost impossible...I love food!
    Sharon

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a "mini goal" of 5 pounds by Halloween... seems fesible enough! My first support group- maybe this will help! :)

16 Gallon FW planted bowfront
    3 Glolight tetras, 3 Gold tetras,1 Dwarf Rainbow, 2 Oto cats "Kirby," "Hoover"

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have been trying to lose weight to. I was around 250 and decided it was time to make a small change. I work 2nd shift so I moved my meals around. Now I eat my big meal of the day at noon and then at night at work I eat a sandwich or something salad. I have lost about 15 lbs in a month. I need to pass on the snacks when I get home at midnight.

21 Cockatiels, 7 Aquariums, 3 Cats , 2 Sugar Gliders

0 Not allowed!
    I think for most of us its what we eat and how much of it we eat. Portion control is probably one of the hardest aspects IMO. One of the things I have found that really works is to eat more often in smaller amounts, I dont really put a damper on what I eat. I have never cut sweets, pizza, or whatever I just eat less of it than most would consider a normal portion. I also try to make healthier choices regarding the things I do eat, for example choosing whole wheat pizza crust and having it loaded in veggies instead of meat, or baking french fries at home instead of deep frying. Also cutting back on cooking oil, condiments and processed pre-packaged things have helped me alot. I also gave up fast food, I do eat out several times per week but its at mom and pop style places which even at their worst is still healthier than fast food. Diets quite frankly DO NOT work long term, they are great for kick starting a healthy life style but are horrible for a life long plan.

I have seen far to many people go on these crazy low-calorie, really restrictive diets and end up gaining 30lbs in the end. If you must have that candy bar then replace one of your snacks with it and only eat half of a normal sized one. Optimially you should be having 3 small meals, and 2 snacks per day.

I would like to loose about 5-10lbs of fat and gain it back in muscle, I got fairly toned a few years ago and I really did feel much better.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    It's amazing how men can drop so much weight so quickly...lol...I'm jealous.

Sharon - this can be a weight gain support too...my daughter needs to gain weight as well. Dinner time around here has been very interesting lately...

Congrats to all the weight loosers! (This is the only time it's good to be a looser). Half the battle is getting it off...the other half is keeping it off. I've yo-yo'd quite a bit over the last 20 years and that's got to stop.

I'm not sure what my goal weight should be. The BMI indexes don't work well for our family - we have large frames (and I'm talking bone structure). So I'll try for a total of 50 lbs to start. If that goes well, I can aim for 60 lbs total.

I've gained this weight over 20 years - combination of having babies, health concerns, overeating and not exercising. Not a mystery. Just a major annoyance.

If I can loose the weight over the next 6 months that would be great - then I get to buy myself a nice dress for my daughter's Grade 12 graduation in June 2010 as a treat!
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller
    ...Diets quite frankly DO NOT work long term, they are great for kick starting a healthy life style but are horrible for a life long plan.

I have seen far to many people go on these crazy low-calorie, really restrictive diets and end up gaining 30lbs in the end. If you must have that candy bar then replace one of your snacks with it and only eat half of a normal sized one. Optimially you should be having 3 small meals, and 2 snacks per day.

I would like to loose about 5-10lbs of fat and gain it back in muscle, I got fairly toned a few years ago and I really did feel much better.
    That's just it - learning to keep it off. Esp. as you age - you just can't eat the same amount of food you did when you were younger and your metabolism was revved up - even if you have the same amount of energy.

The other thing I don't quite understand is why - if we feel so good with the weight off - we slack off and gain it back so quickly? You'd think feeling and looking good would be enough incentive to keep it up...

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy Active! - Wild Turkey Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^ 
    Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas! To a fishy kind of person! - LORENZO Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey Happy Holidays! - Brookfish Merrryyyyy Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - LORENZO 
    Thanks for the nom! - Northernguy Goodluck with the betta breeding! - Demi ^_^ You need a clown loach. - troy Why ask why?  Just love this little guy!... LOL - Mith Good luck with your Sals. - Celtic Fins 
    Thank you! - Northernguy Celebrate your award - Jellygirl I love piggies and you only have on.  Now you have a friend for it! - Mith Sorry to hear about your clown! - Brookfish Happy birthday have a great day - Celtic Fins 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm trying to lose 5 pounds Rue...so I'll be here. Just tell me how to do it! I can't seem to stick to what I know I should do....
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Oops! I read the first part correctly...then read the 2nd part incorrectly!

Five lbs is easy to loose, but really hard to keep off...maybe aim for 10 lbs and then see if you can only gain 5 back...

Sounds dumb...but that's what I did after baby #2...lost more weight than I intended, but then settled in at a couple lbs more without a huge issue...

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, it doesn't sound dumb...I just wonder how I'm going to do it!!!
    Sharon