· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy Active! - Wild Turkey Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^ 
    Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas! To a fishy kind of person! - LORENZO Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey Happy Holidays! - Brookfish Merrryyyyy Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - LORENZO 
    Thanks for the nom! - Northernguy Goodluck with the betta breeding! - Demi ^_^ You need a clown loach. - troy Why ask why?  Just love this little guy!... LOL - Mith Good luck with your Sals. - Celtic Fins 
    Thank you! - Northernguy Celebrate your award - Jellygirl I love piggies and you only have on.  Now you have a friend for it! - Mith Sorry to hear about your clown! - Brookfish Happy birthday have a great day - Celtic Fins 

0 Not allowed!
    Have fun!
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Have a drink on me - Dave66 From a fellow BC boy - sailor For making a great game - Futureboy thanks for the rep. - robnepper Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken 
    To make up for not voting you in...lol :) - MeganL3985 Have a great trip! - MeganL3985 Happy B'day - donvichu sounds like you need a beer Doug - sailor Nice job on new tank - Lady Hobbs 
    tribbles - Commodore 64 One more for the school! - Wild Turkey Seasons Greetings, have anice Christmas. - Brookfish Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey 
    Merry Christmas - Northernguy Congrats TOTM - Northernguy Happy Birthday Mate - fraggle Thanks, good to see you back! - Brookfish 
    Autism - doug z Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z 

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on sticking to the 1200 calories! It is so nice when the waistband of your pants gets looser! Gotta luv it!
    Thanks! Sure does keep you motivated to be strict with yourself when you see the results!

I thought it would be Hell, but after the first week of cravings you get used to it, and can function just fine..

I found the key was to spread the meals out into 5-6 meals, rather than 3 bigger meals.. Yes, you sure don't feel full after a 200-240 cal meal (5 oz of skinless chicken breast, for example).. But at least you keep the hunger at bay enough to keep from cracking and eating that extra meal and overshooting your calorie target.. Drinking hot tea, or a stalk or 2 of celery with a bit of salt helps, too..
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN
    25g: 5 long-finned zebra danios

0 Not allowed!
    I figured Id join the bandwagon again :) I was in marvelous shape in my late teens(about 5 years ago), worked out with a couple of my guy friends. I was by no means buff or anything, but I had well defined arms and could see my abs. Same guy friend has also recently got back into some hardcore working out and wants a buddy, so Im gonna be working out with him 2-3X a week. Hope to get back to that kind of shape again. Gonna have to watch the calories and do some cardio to get that darn stomach fat to go away...but it will be worth it I think

Youve done very well Doug, very nice work! One thing I have learned for portion control is to never buy large "dinner" plates...smaller plates make your smaller portions look more satisfying. It takes your brain about 15-20minutes to be satisfied with its eating, so cutting stuff up smaller and chewing it more also helps alot.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

Awards Showcase

Have a drink on me - Dave66 From a fellow BC boy - sailor For making a great game - Futureboy thanks for the rep. - robnepper Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken 
    To make up for not voting you in...lol :) - MeganL3985 Have a great trip! - MeganL3985 Happy B'day - donvichu sounds like you need a beer Doug - sailor Nice job on new tank - Lady Hobbs 
    tribbles - Commodore 64 One more for the school! - Wild Turkey Seasons Greetings, have anice Christmas. - Brookfish Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey 
    Merry Christmas - Northernguy Congrats TOTM - Northernguy Happy Birthday Mate - fraggle Thanks, good to see you back! - Brookfish 
    Autism - doug z Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z 

0 Not allowed!
    Youve done very well Doug, very nice work!
    Thanks.. :)
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy Active! - Wild Turkey Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^ 
    Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas! To a fishy kind of person! - LORENZO Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey Happy Holidays! - Brookfish Merrryyyyy Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - LORENZO 
    Thanks for the nom! - Northernguy Goodluck with the betta breeding! - Demi ^_^ You need a clown loach. - troy Why ask why?  Just love this little guy!... LOL - Mith Good luck with your Sals. - Celtic Fins 
    Thank you! - Northernguy Celebrate your award - Jellygirl I love piggies and you only have on.  Now you have a friend for it! - Mith Sorry to hear about your clown! - Brookfish Happy birthday have a great day - Celtic Fins 

0 Not allowed!
    Doug, I've taken your advice on keeping meals super simple. It is much easier...not sure how long hubby can last, though...
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Doug, I've taken your advice on keeping meals super simple. It is much easier...not sure how long hubby can last, though.
    Like I say, just do it long enough to see if that's been the problem (too many tabulated ingredients)..

Then move on to getting creative with no calorie seasonings (cinnamon, mustard, red wine vinegar..

THEN start adding the calorie adders like PAM spray, olive oil, fibrous vegetables (carrots, etc)..

You'll see, it does help.. :)

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I've just finished making low calorie apple muffins...98calories per muffin. The recipe is actually 75calories, but I used Brown sugar instead of Splenda. They're not as tasty as those I usually make, but they are a nice low cal snack... if I've got calories leftover. I weighed this AM, and the scales still say 110 pounds, which is what I started at. I don't understand it, but the scale is an old digital from WalMart. I may have to invest in a better scale, as when this one says I've gained two pounds, it feels like more....which is probably how I let the few extra pounds just slip on in the first place!!!
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I weighed this AM, and the scales still say 110 pounds, which is what I started at. I don't understand it, but the scale is an old digital from WalMart.
    I'm assuming you're weighing yourself at the same time each day?

If it's digital, it should work fine.. Mine's a Salter from 10 years ago, and I've never had a reason to doubt its accuracy..

Give the new method of making simpler meals a chance..

I forget, are you using a digital scale to weigh your food, too?

How many cals a day are you eating?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I am weighing at the same time....early morning. The thing is I weigh 110 in the AM and lately 110 at night as well. That's why last night I assumed I'd weigh less this morning. I'm eating 1200cals a day...sometimes even a little less, if I can. I'm not weighing the meat portion, but I am googling calories...ex. one porkchop...and I always allow for a little more than stated.
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    No need to weigh yourself twice a day.. Pick one, and stick with it..

Myself I do it as soon as I get up, right after the morning pee (1/2 a pound lost right there! LOL).. I do it before getting dressed, drinking, eating, etc. so I don't have to consider clothing, hydration level or how much food I have digesting as being variants in the scale results..

1200 cals is a really good target.. BUT I would bet my life you're getting alot more cals than that, if you're not weighing ALL your food.. Googling "One porkchop" isn't good enough, as you have no better than a rough estimate of how many calories you're actually eating, and no idea how much of that is fat, carbs, or protein..

Also, like I was saying, you have to simplify your meals.. Porkchops vary drastically in fat content..

You need to pick foods that are pretty uniform as far as fat, protein, and carb composition goes.. Foods like eggs, skinless chicken breasts, vegetables, extra lean ground beef, tofu, etc, etc..

And you need to weigh EVERYTHING.. :)

Like I say, if I were you, I would check out www.fitday.com, invest in a decent digital food scale, and the E book "Fat Loss Troubleshooter", if you're serious about getting to the bottom of your weight loss stalls..

Like I say, I did all of the above, and I started dropping 2-3 lbs a week.. Very motivating!
    Last edited by doug z; 10-20-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast