· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Try and eat the bulk of your calories during the day...then less at supper/evening...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy Active! - Wild Turkey Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^ 
    Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas! To a fishy kind of person! - LORENZO Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey Happy Holidays! - Brookfish Merrryyyyy Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - LORENZO 
    Thanks for the nom! - Northernguy Goodluck with the betta breeding! - Demi ^_^ You need a clown loach. - troy Why ask why?  Just love this little guy!... LOL - Mith Good luck with your Sals. - Celtic Fins 
    Thank you! - Northernguy Celebrate your award - Jellygirl I love piggies and you only have on.  Now you have a friend for it! - Mith Sorry to hear about your clown! - Brookfish Happy birthday have a great day - Celtic Fins 

0 Not allowed!
    Today, I have what I think is 700calories left for supper. Surely, I can have a piece of fish, one potato, and some onion(done in Mazola)???
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Sure...depending on what you put on the fish and the potato...and how big the portions are...

Fish - 3 oz - 120 with nothing on it
    Potato (med) - 150 with nothing on it
    Onions - 1 cup - 70
    Oil - 120 per tablespoon

I'd switch from corn oil to canola though...or olive oil if you like the taste...

Ever watch X-Weighted? The trainer on that show mentioned that you should never have more than 800 calories per meal (when you're eating normally)...I thought about that a while...makes sense to keep from overeating. I'll need to keep that in mind once I reach my goal weight and try and maintain a lower weight.

I'm so tired of yo-yoing...

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy Active! - Wild Turkey Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^ 
    Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas! To a fishy kind of person! - LORENZO Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey Happy Holidays! - Brookfish Merrryyyyy Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - LORENZO 
    Thanks for the nom! - Northernguy Goodluck with the betta breeding! - Demi ^_^ You need a clown loach. - troy Why ask why?  Just love this little guy!... LOL - Mith Good luck with your Sals. - Celtic Fins 
    Thank you! - Northernguy Celebrate your award - Jellygirl I love piggies and you only have on.  Now you have a friend for it! - Mith Sorry to hear about your clown! - Brookfish Happy birthday have a great day - Celtic Fins 

0 Not allowed!
    Ok....I'm thinking that there are calories sneaking in for me...not used to tabulating all the little extras...condiments, cooking oil...More diligence on my part is needed!
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Have a drink on me - Dave66 From a fellow BC boy - sailor For making a great game - Futureboy thanks for the rep. - robnepper Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken 
    To make up for not voting you in...lol :) - MeganL3985 Have a great trip! - MeganL3985 Happy B'day - donvichu sounds like you need a beer Doug - sailor Nice job on new tank - Lady Hobbs 
    tribbles - Commodore 64 One more for the school! - Wild Turkey Seasons Greetings, have anice Christmas. - Brookfish Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey 
    Merry Christmas - Northernguy Congrats TOTM - Northernguy Happy Birthday Mate - fraggle Thanks, good to see you back! - Brookfish 
    Autism - doug z Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z 

0 Not allowed!
    not used to tabulating all the little extras...condiments, cooking oil...
    It really does make a difference.. 15 GRAMS of walnuts (1 tbsp, approx) is 100 cals! 1 tbsp of olive oil is around 100 cals as well, and even if you're using an aeresol PAM spray you're getting about 30 cals for every 2 second spray..

Best thing to do if you are having trouble troubleshooting where the extra calories are coming from, and are getting discouraged, is to simplify the meals..

Make dirt simple meals with the bare minimum of ingredients..

For example (you need to adjust for how many calories you need for the day to lose weight):

Breakfast:

1 egg, 5 egg whites (measure out the grams, if you're using egg beaters)
    100g mushrooms
    200g red bell peppers
    10g butter

Lunch:

190g apple
    250g 2% cottage cheese
    100g grapes
    15g walnuts

Dinner:

200g unseasoned boneless skinless chicken breasts
    100g baby spinach leaves
    40g feta cheese
    50g pitted black olives
    (Greek chicken salad)

Before bed snack:

250g 2% cottage cheese
    15g natural no additive peanut butter (Just Nuts from Cdn superstore)
    5g of cocoa powder

Just an example of how to do meals with no additives or sauces that you can't accurately tabulate..

There ARE ingredients that you can use that have no calories so you don't have to worry (cinnomon, mustard, balsamic vinnegar).. But best to get used to cooking and eating without for a while, till you get used to it, and more importantly start seeing results..

A book that REALLY, REALY is a must for weight loss is "The Fat Loss Troubleshooter", by Leigh Peele..

http://www.fatlosstroubleshoot.com/

And it's not hard to weigh your food out, with a digital scale.. Once you do it for a while it becomes second nature. Then all it is is checking the labels on your food, or just punching in "oatmeal, 100 grams" into fitday..

Anyway.. Good luck, and I hope that helps..

Oh, and here's me putting my money where my mouth is:

That's me, April to Aug of this year.. Lost 43 lbs altogether..

25 lbs just by eating 500 cals less thean maintenence for 3 months..

Then 6 weeks where I REALLY got crazy and ate just 1200 cals a day for 6 weeks, and lost the rest..

I never want to see another chicken breast or egg white as long as I live.. :)
    Last edited by doug z; 10-16-2009 at 07:00 PM.
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN
    25g: 5 long-finned zebra danios

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Doug....that does indeed help!!!

I had to laugh at the chicken breast/egg white comment though!!! You look great, BTW!!!
    Sharon

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I need to loose about 30 pounds. I was doing good and got 10 pounds closer, but gained it back and another 5 on top of that trying to "diet". I was just eating less then in about 3 weeks got so HUNGRY all the bloomin time I was miserable. I give up on dieting. I refuse to give up my favorite foods. My thing is trying not to snack and snack and snack. One or two healthy snacks is ok but when I'm snacking on that huge bag of chips.. not good. >.< I eat when I'm bored. That's my biggest problem. I don't work. No one in town is hiring. I need to stay more busy so I don't eat. That's proving to be difficult since I live in a small town and there isn't much to do and we're an hour away from the nearest city. I don't know what to do. I think I'm gonna go take a walk. What I HATE is getting out of my weekly working out routine. Getting back in to the swing of things is really good. I was almost flat stomached when I got married 16 months ago. Now I look like I'm 5 months pregnant. I'm not even a little pregnant. I think I want to lose some weight before I do get pregnant though. These thigns are easier said than done. >.<

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    That's the problem...not wanting to give up favourite foods, or the amounts that provide comfort...

You don't have to give up your favourites completely...but then you do have to give up the amounts...and personally, I find it easier to give up the food than the amount I'm used to eating.

For example...I'd rather NOT eat any cookies, than only have one...

I'm at another little plateau...so discouraging...if my weight actually went down a bit every morning, I'd feel a lot more motivated.

Not to mention I've been 'sick' this past week...not sure what's up...I feel like I'm getting a cold...but that's as far as it's progressing...I'm not actually getting a cold **knockonwood** or feeling like I'm getting better *blech*

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Rue, I've read that when you plateau, you should have a piece of cake or a chocolate bar...I guess anything high calorie, and it gets you going again. I have no idea if this is advisable or not, but it may be worth looking into.

I've been doing well with my 1200 calories. I hesitate to say I've lost a pound, but I think I may have ...according to my inaccurate scales. My clothes definitely feel better....It's only been four days, so I'm happy! Nine more to go!!!
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    LOL...don't tell me that...or I'll be tempted to stray at Timmies when I stop for a coffee...I love their pumpkin donuts and muffins...

Congrats on sticking to the 1200 calories! It is so nice when the waistband of your pants gets looser! Gotta luv it!

Okay...I'm off to dance class...even though I'd much rather have a nap...

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast