· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish welcome - Algenco Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins 
    You need one of these too. - Celtic Fins everyones given you one but me! - mommy1 Thanks for Playing Mafia - The Red Severum Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Congrats on your pic award - Celtic Fins Sorry about Blackie and the others mate! - fraggle the algae was meant to be tissues! - fraggle sorry about your fishies - lucyinthesky Ta for the rep! - Wetpets 
    BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 3.14 - Kaz Christmas in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Gayle Congrats on  POTM - Celtic Fins Congrats! - Wild Turkey Congrats on POTM! - Brookfish 
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k 

0 Not allowed!
    Sharon I never ate breakfast either. It really does make a difference.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    I get up around 7AM...
    God, I have to eat breakfast??? I'll try it, but it's not going to be easy...
    It really is best to not skip any meals. Actually adding in a meal or two can increase your metabolism naturally. Even just some yogurt or a small bowl of cereal can help your body to think you aren't "starving" (dieting).

Breads are a no-no on most dieting plans. Just check the labels. Some breads afford you two slices per serving with a low-carb number. In this way you can have a nice lean roast beef sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes and not go to far over the limit. Remember meats are proteins and no worries about eating them as long as they are lean.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich311k
    I just got back from my meeting. I lost 2.4 pounds. I am so pumped. If I keep this up I will be just overweight in no time. :)
    Way to go Rich!!!!!

Slow and steady loss is much easier to keep off than large fast losses. It is also better for you.

21 Cockatiels, 7 Aquariums, 3 Cats , 2 Sugar Gliders

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rich311k
    I just got back from my meeting. I lost 2.4 pounds. I am so pumped. If I keep this up I will be just overweight in no time. :)

Excellent!
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Down another 2 lbs! Woohoo Makes it a total of almost 13!

I have a question though...are treadmills known for distance accuracy or not?

I've noticed this since we bought it.

Outside I walk 3.0 km in 30 min. on the treadmill I walk 2.8, but I feel like I'm walking a lot faster...I assume it's the treadmill...but maybe something else is off? That I'm not thinking of?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm...found this article:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...eadmill10.html

...wasn't worried about the calorie count, since I'm not counting calories burned (only what I eat)...

Doesn't matter I suppose...as long as I keep moving...

Awards Showcase

Have a drink on me - Dave66 From a fellow BC boy - sailor For making a great game - Futureboy thanks for the rep. - robnepper Congrats on your Gold Award :) - SkinnyChicken 
    To make up for not voting you in...lol :) - MeganL3985 Have a great trip! - MeganL3985 Happy B'day - donvichu sounds like you need a beer Doug - sailor Nice job on new tank - Lady Hobbs 
    tribbles - Commodore 64 One more for the school! - Wild Turkey Seasons Greetings, have anice Christmas. - Brookfish Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey 
    Merry Christmas - Northernguy Congrats TOTM - Northernguy Happy Birthday Mate - fraggle Thanks, good to see you back! - Brookfish 
    Autism - doug z Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - doug z 

0 Not allowed!
    wasn't worried about the calorie count, since I'm not counting calories burned (only what I eat)...
    Hey Rue..

If you want a rough (within 15%) estimate of what you're burning throughout the day, this device called a GoWear Fit is really cool..

It's an arm band that you wear 24/7, and it tells you what you burn in a day (like I say, accurate up or down to within 15%, and a HECK of alot more accurate than treadmills, etc)..

That way you can know how much you have to eat to stay at maintenence, or lose weight..

I use it, and it works very well (I ate at a 500 cal defecit for 3 months and lost 25 lbs)

They just recently started shipping to Canada (I had to get a friend in the US to ship me mine)..

http://www.gowearfit.com/

Are you measuring your food with a digital scale? I started doing that, after I read that using cups and tbsp is far less acuurate, and I started to get MUCH better results..

How are you tabulating what you eat?

I use Fitday.. Very user freindly..

www.fitday.com

I used to use the free online thing, but for traveling and stuff where I didn't have an internet connection I found it wasn't parctical, so I splurged and bought the software and put it on my home PC and laptop..

Actually adding in a meal or two can increase your metabolism naturally
    This has been debunked by most respected dieticians (Aragon, Peele, McDonald)..

It keeps your blood sugar from crashing, which is good.. But has no effect on metabolism..

If you're fine eating 3-4 big meals a day, do that..

If you're like me and need to eat smaller meals every 3-4 hours, do that..

It's how many cals you end up eating at the end of the day that count..

That said skipping breakfast is a definate no-no.. They don't call it break-fast for nothing.. :)

You've been fasting for 8-10 hours.. You need to eat something if you want to be able to function and stay healthy.
    Last edited by doug z; 10-15-2009 at 09:22 PM.
    75g - 20 cardinals : 7 panda cory : 5 Julii cory : 9 zebra danios : 1 CAE : 2 SAE : 2 yo-yos : 1 BN
    25g: 5 long-finned zebra danios

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    No...I haven't tried many gizmos...I had a step-counter thingy, but I find they're not accurate either...unless they've gotten better recently.

Thanks for the links...I will check them out...anything to keep motivation high!

Congrats on your weight loss too...

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy Active! - Wild Turkey Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^ 
    Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas! To a fishy kind of person! - LORENZO Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey Happy Holidays! - Brookfish Merrryyyyy Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - LORENZO 
    Thanks for the nom! - Northernguy Goodluck with the betta breeding! - Demi ^_^ You need a clown loach. - troy Why ask why?  Just love this little guy!... LOL - Mith Good luck with your Sals. - Celtic Fins 
    Thank you! - Northernguy Celebrate your award - Jellygirl I love piggies and you only have on.  Now you have a friend for it! - Mith Sorry to hear about your clown! - Brookfish Happy birthday have a great day - Celtic Fins 

0 Not allowed!
    I think I've gained!!! Rue, you need to post EXACTLY what you eat each day, I'll eat the same, and maybe that will work!!! Seriously, I'm starting over...I don't have an accurate scale, and I've never weighed my food. This sounds so complicated...

I can't imagine the jelly beans I ate last night helped!
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Poor Sharon! That's what was happening with me too...I was trying to eat less, and 'normally'...and kept gaining...which is depressing...

For breakfast I have Slimfast and fruit - ~250 and 80 = 330 calories

For lunch I have a frozen entree, or something similar made from left-overs = ~ 250-400 calories

If I'm stuck I'll have a toasted cheese and tomato sandwhich ~ 460 (or less, depending how much cheese you put on)

For dinner I see how many calories I have left over from the rest of the day and try and eat that amount - from whatever we're having for dinner.

Then I do have 2 snacks...generally another fruit (just bought 40 lbs of Spartan apples fresh from B.C. yesterday - so guess what fruit we'll be eating for several weeks? ) or I snack on fresh veggies...you usually can't eat enough of those to overeat on...so I don't worry about the calories I consume with those...

I had wine for dinner with Thanksgiving...I have my chocolate too, as one of my 2 snacks...I'm purposely not denying myself anything I'd really like...I'm just having small amounts.

It's hard...but I think I'm on week 6 now and I'm not overly stressed...so I must be getting enough to eat...I'm also taking my vitamin supplements...

I drink coffee...~2 a day...I put 2% milk in that...and either sweetner, or nothing else...or I drink tea (still drinking green tea or Roiboos!) black...or diet pop (but not too much of that...)...

I find if I'm desparate to snack...but then take time making tea and munching on carrots or snap peas...it helps. I think it's more about having something to do than actually having something to consume...

Which is why I enjoy going to Tim Horton's - it's more about the ritual than the actual coffee...

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy Active! - Wild Turkey Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^ 
    Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas! To a fishy kind of person! - LORENZO Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey Happy Holidays! - Brookfish Merrryyyyy Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - LORENZO 
    Thanks for the nom! - Northernguy Goodluck with the betta breeding! - Demi ^_^ You need a clown loach. - troy Why ask why?  Just love this little guy!... LOL - Mith Good luck with your Sals. - Celtic Fins 
    Thank you! - Northernguy Celebrate your award - Jellygirl I love piggies and you only have on.  Now you have a friend for it! - Mith Sorry to hear about your clown! - Brookfish Happy birthday have a great day - Celtic Fins 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm consuming less calories than you are throughout the day. And I don't have snacks...I must be miscalculating supper...
    Sharon