· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cfgsteak's 46G

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thank you...  lord  that  made  me  laugh - bushwhacker   Heres a ram til yours get you more! lol - Northernguy   

Default cfgsteak's 46G

0 Not allowed!
    Ok, I have finished stocking my 46G tank!

After removing the vicious Salad I have added some smaller more active fish.

Here is what I stocked:

8 Tiger Barbs - first 6 added on 9-16, second 2 added 9/21
    8 Gold Barbs - added 9/21
    2 Bolivian Rams - added 9/22
    1 Red Tailed Shark - added 9/22
    1 Common Pleco - added 9/21

The 6 largest tiger barbs survived Salad. They are still a bit skittish. The Golds are doing great. They were added the same day as the 2 little Tigers and the Pleco.

Yesterday I added the Bolivian Rams and the Red Tailed Shark. They are all adjusting well and eating. The Rams are AWESOME. Very beautiful. I am pretty sure I have a male and female...time will tell. The Shark seems happy so far.

All fish seem happy and healthy. No signs of disease. Two of the original Tigers seem stressed still. I will keep a close eye on those two.

I also bought a rock and a piece of driftwood yesterday. I boiled them and the wood is still soaking for tannins removal. I hope to get it in tonight if the water is right, but hopefully by tomorrow. I have some Java Moss ready to be tied to the wood and I am looking for some JAva fern for my first plant attempts.

My last water change was Monday the 21st. Current water temp is 81.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thank you...  lord  that  made  me  laugh - bushwhacker   Heres a ram til yours get you more! lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Yesterday I planted a rotala plant, a green hygro and I put a java fern and java moss in the tank. I also did a 30% water change.

I have continued to saok my driftwood. It is still putting out tannins...but the water this morning was a weak tea color, I should be good to put it in the tank tonight. I plan to pin the java fern to the back of the driftwood. I was going to put the moss on the driftwood too, but I am going to attach it to my rock formation instead I think.

Fish seem happy!
    46g BF tank - 5 Tiger Barbs, 8 Gold Barbs, 7 Schwartzi Cories, 1 Female German Blue Ram, 1 Red Tailed Shark and 1 Bushynose Pleco. Driftwood, natural rock and all live plants for the environment.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Next round is on me! :-D - MCHRKiller   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   Friends don't let friends drink alone, Cheers - Cliff   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   I think this will help after the tree - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds nice! Now where are the pics???
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab_Rat
    Sounds nice! Now where are the pics???

I will take some tonight after I add the driftwood. I am pretty excited about it! Its really hard not to keep running to the LFS and buying new plants now. I think I will add some little ones for the foreground this weekend.
    46g BF tank - 5 Tiger Barbs, 8 Gold Barbs, 7 Schwartzi Cories, 1 Female German Blue Ram, 1 Red Tailed Shark and 1 Bushynose Pleco. Driftwood, natural rock and all live plants for the environment.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Make sure you use a stainless steel pin or just tie it on with fishing line or an elastic to the driftwood.
    I agree pics would be nice!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Next round is on me! :-D - MCHRKiller   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   Friends don't let friends drink alone, Cheers - Cliff   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   I think this will help after the tree - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cfgsteak

I will take some tonight after I add the driftwood. I am pretty excited about it! Its really hard not to keep running to the LFS and buying new plants now. I think I will add some little ones for the foreground this weekend.
    You can add plants as fast as you want. Unlike fish, plants will only help the biofilter. Soon you'll find yourself upgrading the lighting and dosing co2.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Nothernguy, I am just going to use black thread that I tie flies with. Or green. Or olive. When you tie flies you collect a crazy selection of thread.

Lab Rat, that is funny. I am borderline OCD...this hobby works perfectly with obsessiveness.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok! I did a 40% water change yesterday to compensate for adding too many fish too fast. Water quality is still excellent. I added 6 little grass looking plants last night and a Crypto too...3 of the grassies have some kinda of webby looking film on them, I didn't rince them well enough.

I also added my driftwood! It looks cool (although I think the tank looks a little crowded). I want to ditch the Roman Colosium...but the family revolted. So it stays for now!

I also fed the fish their first frozen brine shrimp (I thawed them first, ). They seemed to love them! And my pleco grubbed some cucumber last night! Everyone seems to be happy.

Oh, the Golds were in spawning mode this morning...and the Rams seem to be digging a hole in the corner...

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    current pic:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice setup!