· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Bumble bee goby stuck to intake

0 Not allowed!
    Wifey and i were lookin for 1 of our 2 gobys that ALWAYS hang around the front of the tank. One of them had been looking a little pale lately and was losing colour each day. Anyhow, I took a glimpse from the side of the tank and sure enough there he was.....sticking to the intake of my HOB filter. :(
    Poor dude..... anyhow, i unplugged the filter and he swam away very weak looking. Struggling to swim around, we decided to quarantine him to try and bring him back. It was sad to see.
    I noticed around his gills looked a lil swollen and red. Any idea on what im dealing with here?......

Latest gifts & ribbons:

smart guy with good info - Lady Hobbs   Thank you so much - Lady Hobbs   Have a glass of wine - Lady Hobbs   Greetings fellow meat lover! - Drumachine09   Sorry About Your Fish!! :( - MeganL3985   

0 Not allowed!
    Any ammonia problems in the tank? Water quality is the #1 culprit to check for any problem.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~   Merry Christmas - Cliff   Merry Christmas my friend! - Taurus   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year! - Slaphppy7   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jeffs99dime   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jeffs99dime   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas (it's the worlds smallest dwarf puffer) - Abbeys_Mom   Strawberry Daquari please....from Hobbs - hobbs   You need more good luck - hobbs   Because you are my hero! - f1oored   For your Dad - crackatinny   
    Childhood Cancer - kimmers318   

0 Not allowed!
    And if I remember correctly those little guys are real susceptible to bad water conditions. You can try some melafix and or pimafix to try to perk him up, but it sounds like he is pretty bad off. Reddening of the gills is a pretty good sign of ammonia poisoning.
    Kimmer

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    test the ammonia in your tank it the #1 killer of fish whenever my fish geet stuk to the filter they die good luck on your goby mate hope he get better!
    i have a 20 gallon fish tank and i am proud!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    All of the above is absolutely correct. Whenever you get a sick fish with symptoms like that, immediately check water parameters.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.