· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - abaigael04   Here's another from me - Lady Hobbs   to go with the Angels - Algenco   congrats on your first award!! - Brookfish   For your tank,when its ready! - Northernguy   

Default Milt's 10g Nano/Frag tank

0 Not allowed!
    well guys I could not help myself and I had to start a on a new challenge in sw but this time with a nano. As the tittle says its a good old 10 gallon, I want this tank to be mainly used for frags and have not decided If I want fish in it or not. I have it waiting to be sat up and all I have now is about 15lbs of dry rock, arag sand, heater, koralia 1 ph, and AC 30 to use for circulation/ mini refuge. I have not decided exactly which skimmer I want to use, I was looking at the Tunze nano, I also have no idea what fixture i'll be using but I want it to be T5's so suggestions are welcomed.

Here's a pic of my tiny tank, waiting to be filled I'll be using a rock from my 90g to seed the dry rock and also some sand.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome, another new nano on the board Looks like its off to a nice start to. Personally about the best light for a 10G IMO is a 96watt coralife quad PC fixture or a 70watt MH would be pretty sweet to. Not much lighting options in the 20" range, IMO.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I am sorry for jumping to conclusions! - Gayle   Just because!!! - Mith   Happy Birthday - Celtic Fins   Happy Birthday! - KingFisher   Happy birthday - Jaster   

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds like a great project! I will be watching this thread!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - abaigael04   Here's another from me - Lady Hobbs   to go with the Angels - Algenco   congrats on your first award!! - Brookfish   For your tank,when its ready! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys and I had forgotten how very exciting to set a new tank haha and the 70wattt metal halide sounds like an interesting option that I will look into. It'll be interesting to see how corals react to mh compared to the HOT5 I have over my 90.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Nice tank - Northernguy   Thanks for posting your FTS! - coachfraley   great tank - bluebluecow   

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like another fun project , I am waiting for the cold weather to set up my 55g into a FOWLR.

Good luck with the frag tank.

Tim

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just because... - alfcea   for starting a saltwater tank - cocoa_pleco   Tanks really coming together! - oldhead   merry christmas - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  :) - KrytterKrys   

0 Not allowed!
    Cool, another new tank, lol. We set up our second 29 as a frag tank. We have the tunze nano doc on our 2nd tank and its great, except its a PITA to adjust. I've had it running over 2 months and still haven't got it completly tuned. Its a very fine line between too wet and too dry

+1 on the halide, but be careful. If you put one on the frag tank it won't be long before you have a few over your display, lol. We have one one our newer tank and I've been looking for one to upgrade the t-5's on our other tank, their awesome

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For showing the beauty of fish perfectly x - Fishalicious   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   very helpful member - Lady Hobbs   thanks for all the help - Cassandra   I didn't give you a gift yet?! Well here you go. - Tolley   
    Autism - Brookfish   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Great project, best of luck with it!
    Mike!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the lotus! - Brookfish   No Message - toddnbecka   You have the BEST tank and fish I've ever seen! It's my dream tank! - james20   congrats on canada - frank_zappa   congrats on canada's gold... - frank_zappa   

0 Not allowed!
    good luck
    65G plant

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks and im really hoping this new project turns out great with no problems. I don't think i'll be switching my display to mh anytime soon since I don't want to have to invest on chiller but who knows haha Does anyone know of a good fixture to use for the 70watt mh?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    well guys I should be getting thos tank wet between today and Wednesday, I need to mod the AC 30 a little first so it can work as a refugium. Skimmer and lighting can wait till the cycle is done a month from now.