· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need a fish! - Mith   thanks for da reps! - Mith   you needed one, not  to mention  you make  good  posts - bushwhacker   Congrats on your  new bn pleco!! - R2 Ranch   

0 Not allowed!
    I've got a couple of amanos in my 20gal...the tetras, and for that matter, everyone else, generally ignores them. The frogs tend to bump heads once in awhile with them, but I think thats more a 'hey, you're in my space' sort of thing. Recently, the shrimp seem to have migrated from the little cave the frogs took over to the backside of the driftwood, so they seem happy.

I can't see how tetras would bother these shrimp, but I guess the amanos are bigger than red cherries...the amanos are probably as large as anything else in the tank.
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Numbers"
    -250 Planted Community: Angel, Rainbowfish, Zebras, Harlequin Rasboras, Cherry Barbs, Tiger Barbs, Gold Barbs, a large mixed school of cories, BN Plecos, Various inverts, and a mated pair of Kribs (and whatever of their progney I haven't gotten rid of yet)
    -10 Growout tank: Currently home to some cory fry, snails, and red cherry shrimp

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first fish - Lady Hobbs   A gift to my mates. - mac   Did you say tankards?  LOL - sandy_n   To your first almost cycled tank - Lady Hobbs   No Message - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_eyes
    Do not put in harlequin rasboras as mine ate my adolescent shrimp.

I just googled that fish. That's what I have! EEEK... hope my adult shrimpypoos are safe!
    Yup, I got fish!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your 1st gift - bluebluecow   Have another! - Northernguy   neons do better in a shoal. - Brookfish   You need another - Agassizii   I think you need one of these too. - Celtic Fins   
    Autism - Neon   

0 Not allowed!
    hi there ,

Tetra have a shorter red line where Cardinals red line goes from tail to head
    Neon

135 liters planted tank ( 29.696 UK Gal. or 35.66 US Gal. ) .
    2 Angel fish ( Scalare )
    8 Tetra Neons ,
    3 Otocinclus affinis ( Oto )
    3 Platies
    1 Dwarf Gouramis ( Sunset , male )
    Assasin Snail
    See pics and size details in my blog

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...al&j=351#e5804

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first fish - Lady Hobbs   A gift to my mates. - mac   Did you say tankards?  LOL - sandy_n   To your first almost cycled tank - Lady Hobbs   No Message - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmmm I can't find most of MY shrimp....dangit! I still say the tetras aren't suspect.....possibly my swordtails...grrr
    Yup, I got fish!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

How can I agree with you so much.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   for a successful cycle! - fins_n_fur   Caring for your sick fish - C-Dub   Good Luck! - Northernguy   Sorry - William   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - gourami*girl   

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like I missed a lively discussion here! I especially like the image of Mith's clawed shrimp trying to catch his fish, he he he

I'll avoid harlequin rasboras for this tank. Cardinal tetras are pretty, easy to find around here, and seem like they will be ok with shrimp so maybe I'll get a school of those.

Thanks for the input everyone!
    20 gallon tank - harlequin rasboras, rummynose tetras, panda corys, one lone pygmy cory that didn't die when the others did.

10 gallon tank - planned planted with tetras and red cherry shrimp?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome - Algenco   PIZZAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sarkazmo   For buying an API test kit - gabbyguppy   No Message - Mith   Happy Birthday - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    RCS are the nachos of fresh water. Their young are tiny and almost any fish will eat them. Only fish I'd trust with RCS are Ottocinclus or other plecs.

Sark

1G Planted Betta tank, 1.5G Planted Betta tank, 10G Planted Swordtail Fry tank,
    10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G
    My aquarium (and more) videos on YouTube

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift! - Northernguy   Merry Christmas! - Northernguy   Here ya go :) - Nick89   Thanks for the plants.  My CPD's thank you too! - Sir Tristen   And a pretty plant for you too! - Sir Tristen   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mith
    I just googled that fish. That's what I have! EEEK... hope my adult shrimpypoos are safe!
    Adults will be fine, they might get chased every now and again if anything. The smaller ones, like .50-.75 inches are seen as food. They quickly cleaned out the shrimplets I had when i first put the shrimp into the tank, but after that everyone was ok.
    30gL heavily planted: south american community tank
    15g mod. planted: nano fish community tank
    6g long(custom tank) mod planted: 6 bettas w/ dividers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_eyes
    Adults will be fine, they might get chased every now and again if anything. The smaller ones, like .50-.75 inches are seen as food. They quickly cleaned out the shrimplets I had when i first put the shrimp into the tank, but after that everyone was ok.
    I haven't been seewing that many, but then I know they're nocturnal and most of them are hiding anyway.

Thanks
    Yup, I got fish!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    10 gallons is a gigantic amount for them. Don't worry. You can cramp a school of fish and the same amount of cherries together in an even smaller aquarium. It says Neon tetras and shrimps can live pretty easily. Just make sure your pets have full belies and clean water.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

0 Not allowed!
    Old thread, OP hasn't replied in 12+ years, thread closed.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers