· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with Smaug. Look at my sig for what my barbs are with. They all get along great.
    Jason

75 gallon
    4 tiger barbs, 18 assorted tetras (groups of 6), and a zebra nerite snail
    LED lighting
    Ohio river driftwood and rocks
    Java Moss, Philippine Java Fern, Anubius

5 gallon Fluval Chi
    1 betta. driftwood

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My barbs are sharing a 20g tank with two platys and an oto. The platys are completely ignored by the tigers and they only pay attention to the oto when he zooms around the tank.
    55g: Future home of a green terror and 2 convicts
    29g: Convicts, tiger barbs, corys, snails
    29g: 3 fancy goldfish
    5g: Betta

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    my local shop has suggested that I can stock 6 - 8 large tiger barbs in my 46 gal tank with a single Convict. His theory is that the fish will occupy different level of the tank and that the tigers are fast enough to avoid being eaten by the Convict.

I think it is about 50/50 that I will just be feeding the Con Tiger Barbs...

0 Not allowed!
    I doubt the convict will eat larger tiger barbs. Small ones maybe. TBs are deep bodied fish, aggressive and fast. The small torpedo shaped fish are much more easily eaten.
    125 - big fish - BGK
    125 - cichlid community - cichlids (red severums, chanchitos, bolivian rams, blue acara, chocolate), rainbows (yellow, turquoise, red and boesmani), loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis, golden wonder killis
    90 - african community - Congo tetras, african knife, african butterflies, spotted ctenopoma, palmas bichir, african featherfin
    10 - female pink convict
    5 - betta/ADFs

QTs - 2x29, 20H, 20L

Awards Showcase

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs A gift - Tolley A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey You've been a great help, and a great addition to the forum! - harls_aussie For getting into SA  cichlids! - MCHRKiller 
    For all your support and kind comments. - Brookfish merry christmas - cocoa_pleco Seasons Greetings, Have a great Christmas! - Brookfish Have a Merry Xmas! - Demi ^_^ Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea 
    Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey merry freakin Xmas! :D - MCHRKiller Thanks for the help! - cer Happy Holidays! - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Happy Holidays! - korith Thanks for all your help - your a great mate! - Demi ^_^ thanks for trying to help me ID - The Red Severum thanks again! - The Red Severum You are an awsome person of my AC family - Demi ^_^ 

0 Not allowed!
    I would not do Convicts. Chances of problems with aggression over territory will be a issue.

As Smaug has suggested with stocking I agree with, apart from the Angel.
    IMO and IME most Tetras, as long as they have no long fins, or to small to get harassed. Larger Rasboras, more Harlequin size. Also Danois. Other types of Barbs.

Or better still just a nice size school of just Tiger Barbs.

As for the stocking in a 29g, if you have a good filtration, plants, and water change schedule. I think 10 TBs and 1 BN or small pleco would be fine.

mac
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mac
    I would not do Convicts. Chances of problems with aggression over territory will be a issue.
    I shoulda listened to mac.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cfgsteak
    What happened?
    125 - big fish - BGK
    125 - cichlid community - cichlids (red severums, chanchitos, bolivian rams, blue acara, chocolate), rainbows (yellow, turquoise, red and boesmani), loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis, golden wonder killis
    90 - african community - Congo tetras, african knife, african butterflies, spotted ctenopoma, palmas bichir, african featherfin
    10 - female pink convict
    5 - betta/ADFs

QTs - 2x29, 20H, 20L

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So far, they're doing fine with our cories and platies. I think the secret is to have enough tiger barbs so they fool with each other vs. the other fish.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysee
    What happened?
    The Convict established a territory. That territory consists of THE WHOLE TANK. So the barbs are stuck in a corner of the tank right now. I'm looking right now to find a home for the Convict.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cfgsteak
    Yes you should have. Cons are the bar-room brawler and reproducing rabbit of the fish world. This cichlid is a mean S.O.B. that will hold it's own against fish more than twice it's size!
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"