· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default how do i make fake plants?

0 Not allowed!
    i want my auarim to have good fake plants but they are so expensive so i need some good tips on makeing falke plants like how to do it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Check out some silk plants... they're cheaper and alot of big stores carry them.
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Anyone that had a trio of angels deserves a gift. - Brookfish   Thanks for all the help in PM - Taurus   Great pic! - Brookfish   You need a bigger school of angels! lol - Northernguy   Heres a neon for your tank! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    I've never even heard of anyone making fake plants. With the effort and supplies it would require it seems like you might be better off checking around online for a cheaper solution.

Check around on various websites I'm sure you'll be able to find something. You'll probably be able to find fake plants cheap. Check craigslist as well. There are almost always people getting rid of tanks and decor.

You might also want to toss up a post in the classifieds looking for plants. Someone on the forum might be able to help you out.
    75G Planted Blue Themed Community Tank:
    Neon Tetras, Blue Platties, Blue Guppies, Blue Snails, & a pleco
    with 4 hang off breeder tanks for Blue/Red Platty Project

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know about making fake plants from scratch, but you can go to an arts and crafts store and get your plants there. They're much cheaper. Just make sure they're unscented, and wash them well when you get home. You can also pull them apart and customize them however you want - attach to rocks and driftwood, combine with other plants to make nice groupings, etc.
    There are a lot of people, especially those who keep non-plant-friendly fish who do that.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I've also used silk. You have to make sure no wires are exposed but they are all pretty much encased in plastic. I had the big vine looking things and attached suction cups to them and put them on the glass in the back. Looked a lot nicer than the sleezy plastic ones.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for the help

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    I seen some fake aquarium plants at the dollar store.. doesn't get much cheaper than that.
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I just posted this link for someone else but will post here, as well. I got bamboo from ThatPetsPlace that is really nice. Only $10 and 36 inches long and it was enough for my whole 55 gallon tank.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/11181/product.web

I don't know if you buy online much but ThatPetsPlace has the best artifical plants I've seen yet.

Here it is in an old tank I used to have. All this greenery was from that one plant for $10.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 09-03-2009 at 10:38 PM.