· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default aandtsociety recent marine species collecting trips

0 Not allowed!
    We have had 4 trips since the last post from us here so i will just put on a nice pic from each trip.

The first pic is of some marine species collected on a trip to mainly get 4 thousand litres of water for one of the clubbies with a very large marine set up.

While we were there we had a three hour snorkel for some fish and inverts for our tanks.

The water was nice and clear and this pic is one of the five pics of the catch for the day and there was also several pics of the area we were at,over all a very nice club day out collecting.

This is an underwater pic of a clown trigger from a trip to frazer island and the day was very calm and the water very clear,this is one of nine photos from the day and it was a boat trip to a reef off frazer very few have been to because of it's extreme openness as it is 2 hours of open ocean north of frazer isl,it is one metre deep on top and a hundred and thirty feet deep around it.

The reef in this photo has one of the most concentrated amounts of corals and reef life in queensland and is just over an hours trip in the boat from home.The life here is rediculasly spectacular.There were nineteen pics from that day.

we know this section of reef that the commercial guys do not know of and the latezonatus clown fish there are in serious abundance.
    The depth is just resonable for snorkelling at just under sixty feet at the deepest and twenty feet deep on top.
    All these clowns were for a display but some of the guys wanted some breeding stock so we have to use akydinos clowns now as they are like flies around here and we don't want to touch that reef of latz until the other adults there have a chance to do some more breeding before we collect any more,if in the near future any of the clubbies want any.if you take to many latz,other species of clowns may take over and the latz will loose their foot hold on the area.
    They are a hard fish to catch as they will run from their anemone and they are always in water that is a little deep.
    Aandtsociety-south east Queensland Aquarium society-in Aus

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    That looks like a great place to play!
    Love those fish.Great pics too!
    Where did you go snorkalling?What body of water?
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Default body of water

0 Not allowed!
    we do our bit in the pacific ocean in the south east of queensland in Aus.
    The areas we go to mainly are the gold coast,than north to stradbroke island,than north to moreton island,than north to the sunshine coast and than north to frazer island.The gold coast is 45 mins from home and frazer isl is 2 hours from home.
    The coast around here is rediculasly wonderful.

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    That would be nice!
    Nice area! Thanks for sharing!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    hey pkc you don;t sell by any chance do you?
    I'm down in the Lockyer Valley...
    Harls

Default sorry mate,we don't!

0 Not allowed!
    We get each other fish and inverts in the club and give away and swap,that sought of thing.
    I sold my last tank late last year and now have only tubs, algae scrubbing and bio filtering,i just love to collect and get them for the other members,as we all do if we see something another clubbie may want.

After nearly thirty years i still love collecting,it keeps me young,lol, as it is excelent cardio excercise.

I may be able to set up something quite good at the end of the year if renovations go well on this house.
    There are a few commercial guys around here that may send you something,i am not sure.
    A couple of us used to work with them a long time ago,we don't get on any more,we know to much about them.

You should check out our water sports section of the clubs forum,we have some awsome trips that we have had in there.

We normally have two to three per month on average and the club has been doing these trips since it began in 1926.

see yah.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow sounds awesome! Where can I join lol. Maybe one day i'll join you all. Whats the website?
    Harls
    Harls

Default Brisbane club website

0 Not allowed!
    This is the website we made(home made) and just look around.
    The forum has a snorkelling,boating-----section and has the trips for collecting our own marine species trips.
    see yah.

http://www.aandtsociety.org.au/