· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plant Suppliers

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrienDeLaChicago
    I went to plantedtank.net and posted that I was looking to buy some plants. I did get some people who responded. I did business with one woman. The plants were not all that great. They were so so. She gave me some extras but I wound up spending $28 and the quality of the plants were not that of someone who grows thriving plants. In addition, her plants were covered with those slimy gelatinous snail beds which I thought I got rid of but one of my tanks wound up with all those nasty snails.

I went to e-bay and spent about $56 and got 6 or 7 times more plants. I basically spent twice the money but I got SOOO much more and no snail issues and the plant quality was high end and the plants were in great shape. The ebay seller has her own site and it's called:

plantedaquariumscentral.com
    Just had my first experience with plantedaquariumscentral.com yesterday. Bought some hornwort from them through aquabid. It had a few brown spots here and there, but there was plenty of plant for what I paid for and that more than made up for it. Plus, from what I hear, hornwort grows so easy and fast that it shouldn't matter. I did leave it in the bag a whole day after it arrived too, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it; it was very well packaged though.

You also get a coupon code you can use on the site for 10% off your purchase (not shipping of course) after buying from them once, and from what I can tell you can keep using it too.

Aquabid has plenty of good people and deals, just make sure you look at reputations and pictures and the like before buying. I've used it twice now and was highly satisfied both times so far.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunSchein89
    Aquabid has plenty of good people and deals, just make sure you look at reputations and pictures and the like before buying. I've used it twice now and was highly satisfied both times so far.
    Forgot about that one. I just bought some Frogbit from a seller there. He advertised it as 30+ plants and I easily got 40+ and they looked nice and healthy too. Some of them were quite large.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just wanted to say that I bought 20 plants (10 Rosette Swords, 10 Red Melon Swords) from AquriumPlants.com last week and they were great looking plants. Solid, healthy, great root system on each plant, and Customer Service was top notch...I was very pleased and felt the price with shipping was very reasonable.

Ghpr13

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    IDK if anyone will really see this who could use it, but I went to Tricker's in Independence, Ohio, yesterday, and it was WONDERFUL. They do mainly water lilies and other pond stuff, but they had lots of aquatic plants, for very cheap. I got a huge apongeton with big ruffled leaves, several jungle vals, a huge bunch of red root floater (they call it red flax), and a large water lettuce for 15.00USD. For those of us here in Ohio, it's great to have a place like this - great plants, and you don't have to pay for shipping or risk shipping in cold weather.

Again, great for us in NE Ohio.

www.tricker.com

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs View Post
    I get most of my stuff from http://mikeswetpets.com/StoreFront.bok. He sells on Ebay where I buy most of them but he recently started this website.
    I know this is an old thread but I have to give it up to Mike's Wet Pets. Great prices, Great Plants, Great Quantities!!! I just received my order and was floored with what I got.
    Mike
    120g Mixed Reef In Progress
    120g Reef Journal
    55g Freshwater - Out of Service
    My 55g Tank Remodel Project
    72g Bowfront -Out of Service

0 Not allowed!
    Find him on aquabid now though - that website is a dud :(
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    has anyone tryed www.aquaticjungles.com ? this guy has a youtube channel too. all about using dirt for planted tanks.