· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs   Have a beer on me - sailor   Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75   happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes   Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey   

Default Goldfish growing

0 Not allowed!
    Any suggestions for growing out a comet as fast and large as possible?

Background:

Its for my newest project :D

I want to grow a comet to a foot or more, and use it as an example for people who argue the goldfish's requirements/max size. Hes also kind of my new mascot, being my only fish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs   Have a beer on me - sailor   Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75   happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes   Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    No one? Come on I know there are some goldfish experts out there!

Maybe I should post pics

Oh its a Sarasa Comet if that matters

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    The biggest tank you can with a really good variety of foods.Lots iof clean water.
    What else is involved besides time?
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernguy
    The biggest tank you can with a really good variety of foods.Lots iof clean water.
    What else is involved besides time?
    That was my assumption also

Im wondering what exactly would be different between an ideal tropical fish diet and an ideal goldfish diet, among other things. Im sure there are some small differences but I may end up going to a goldfish forum

He is in his own 40gal

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    put some duckweed in the tank... it's a great part of their diet!
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A neon for your tank! There were no platys. lol - Northernguy   Thanks for the help with those zombies - Northernguy   Right on. - Wild Turkey   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   you need more gifts! - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know anything but the idea sounds cool.

EDIT: Your only fish? Don't you have a million tanks that are hooked up to a seperate grid consisting of your aquariums and the nuclear generater used to power them?
    Last edited by Kaz; 07-28-2009 at 08:27 PM.
    SIX OR MORE MAN TO THE RESCUE!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    put some duckweed in the tank... it's a great part of their diet!
    Thanks! will do

Shouldnt have any trouble finding someone with too much of that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz

EDIT: Your only fish? Don't you have a million tanks that are hooked up to a seperate grid consisting of your aquariums and the nuclear generater used to power them?
    I gave my catfish and tetras away to a breeder I know to make room for more inverts a month or so ago, so I have more than half a dozen tanks up but no fish

This tank was going to be crays, but I decided to wait on them so i have a half planted empty 40breeder just sitting. Should be a great tank for the little guy, hes about 3-4 inches right now

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

First fish for your AC tank - Northernguy   Cheers, you deserve one. Keep supporting the troops! - Oscar_freak12321   

0 Not allowed!
    when i grow out koi for my pond, i use pellets and some small feeder guppies. :) they DO eat teh guppies. at least, all of mine have.....

i have started with about 4" and had almost 8" in about 4 months before... not sure if was anything i did, or just nature!!! hahahaha.... i'm the only one i know with koi!!! hahahaa...

now i DID here about a guy in Goshen, not far from me, who started his own Koi shop in his garage!!!! need to get over there and check it out.......

TAKE RESPONIBILITY, OR TAKE A HIKE.

29g- 6 GloDanios, 2 Clown Loaches, 2 Alibno Bristlenose Plecos, 6 Albino Cories, and a Julii Cory.

5g- 1 Female Betta, 1 Mystery Snail

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    I feed New Life Spectrum exclusively and my fish grow at astounding rates. In addition to diet, water quality will absolutely dictate size and growth rate. Massive water changes (80% or more at a time multiple times per week) will ensure it will grow as fast and as large as possible. Another thing to consider is genetics. Each fish will process protein and other nutrients a little or better or worse than others. So ideally you get a bunch of them and start them growing, figure out which one is going to grow the fastest, use that one, and get rid of the others.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishguy2727
    I feed New Life Spectrum exclusively and my fish grow at astounding rates. In addition to diet, water quality will absolutely dictate size and growth rate. Massive water changes (80% or more at a time multiple times per week) will ensure it will grow as fast and as large as possible. Another thing to consider is genetics. Each fish will process protein and other nutrients a little or better or worse than others. So ideally you get a bunch of them and start them growing, figure out which one is going to grow the fastest, use that one, and get rid of the others.
    Thanks FG, I was waiting for you to weigh in on this thread

I selected him from a newer batch at the lfs, he was the largest and most active.

Is the 40breeder enough or do you think he would grow even larger in a larger tank? Or not much difference at this point?